Porsche Connect - Be Aware

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Crazy diamond

Post by Crazy diamond »

I had incorrectly assumed that Porsche would contact me regarding Connect services. As I was not really sure what I was missing I arranged a briefing with my OPC PCM expert who soon spotted that despite purchasing my Macan in March I had not been included on the Connect update e mail. The reason for this was due to the fact that the OPC had not entered my mobile number number into the database and the system wouldn't work without that. I pointed out the fact that perhaps it should be a mandatory field :|

My visit today was well worth it as I now have the full suite of Apps of which some are actually useful (car parking; fuel). Whilst the OPC were very quick to sort it out, it does beggar belief how Porsche are getting left behind in the world of managing software updates.

So if you have yet to receive all the connect services, contact your OPC as it only takes a few. minutes to sort.

goron59

Post by goron59 »

This was the gist of my very long ordeal (and thread here) about Porsche Connect.

At least your briefing spotted it quickly.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Crazy diamond

Post by Crazy diamond »

Yes, thank goodness for the Forum. I had naively assumed my OPC would contact me.