Navigation help needed please

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
RupiV

Post by RupiV »

All

Just took delivery of a Macan GTS. For some reason the navigation doesn't not adjust while you drive (i.e. the position don't move as the car does so after 5 mins of driving the map is still on the starting point of your journey). Hopefully that makes sense?

Any suggestions / fixes?

Thanks in advance
Volcano Grey Macan GTS, delivered July 2017

CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

Sounds very strange....if you press MAP rather than NAV.....does it follow you?
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

On the screen push one of the icons. I think it's the one top left from recollection.
GTS 😀
RupiV

Post by RupiV »

Thanks - yes it happens in both map and nav..

Will try top left button - is this something you have to do as a one off (i.e. not every time you turn on the car surely?)

Thanks
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

I had it the other day. Self inflicted for me as I was pressing buttons and playing as you do.
Once you select it puts it back to the movement mode as you go.
I just can't recall the exact button but it was certainly an on screen one from recollection (if it's not the top left one press the onscreen map button again not the physical one)
GTS 😀
VanB

Post by VanB »

This usually happens if you've touched the screen as it's waiting for you to then select a location on the map to navigate to. Just press the map button again and all should be well
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
RupiV

Post by RupiV »

Thanks VanB - but this issue is happening even when navigation is not in (i.e. when just driving without any guidance "on")..
VanB

Post by VanB »

It will happen even if you are not navigating if you've touched the screen somewhere on the map.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

As Van says

Touch the screen when displaying the map and it stays put as it is expecting further actions from you.

Press the return button or map button should get you back to normal.

That said we know what these Software Engineers like to do to screw up us users.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
RupiV

Post by RupiV »

Thanks all.

When you press "map", there is a big compass which takes up c. 50% of the map - any ideas how to remove/minimize this? When I try to minimize it, the map stops moving with the car (if that makes sense).

Thanks