Surround view camera

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
SP6IGHT

Post by SP6IGHT »

Hi, Just wondered if anybody has had any issues.

My camera shows the curb or white line as a bout 4 inch from the wheels and when I get out and look the wheels are next to the curb. It is not giving me a true image. I have damaged the NSR wheel slightly due to the incorrect image. Spoke to OPC this morning, booked in next week. They reckon they can recalibrate it. No sure if they will repair the wheel foc. Your comment would be appreciated if you have had a similar issue.

SP61GHT

CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

Not in that way - you can just about see the wheels in the camera shot.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Goron posted images of his SurCam views a while back, worth searching them out.

My own SurCam shows the nearside to be closer to the kerb than it is.

Parked up today and it showed about 150mm off whereas it was actually over 300mm.

Also today had two instances of blank screens when reversing.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Peter_L

Post by Peter_L »

I also have the embarrassing gap issue, objects can appear closer than they are...
Sidscott

Post by Sidscott »

Are you talking about the plan view showing the superimposed image of the car which relies on calibration to be accurate or the view showing the front and rear wheels each side of the car which is an actual true image and therefore the correct one to use if worried about kerbing?
SP6IGHT

Post by SP6IGHT »

I'm talking about the plan view image with the superimposed car.
goron59

Post by goron59 »

SP6IGHT wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:37 pm I'm talking about the plan view image with the superimposed car.
Even when calibrated, it can be a little off, as it's plonks a fake picture of the car with featured edges on top.
For parking, just look at the wheels in the pictures (in any view, as they are not fake) in relation to the kerb or other object (also not fake).

No, you shouldn't expect to get your wheels fixed FOC. Surround cameras are an aide, not a guarantee.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
SP6IGHT

Post by SP6IGHT »

As i said in my post, No sure if they will repair the wheel FOC, but it would be nice gesture. I agree that the system is an aid but it should give a true image, other wise it is useless as an aid

SP61GHT
goron59

Post by goron59 »

SP6IGHT wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:13 am As i said in my post, No sure if they will repair the wheel FOC, but it would be nice gesture. I agree that the system is an aid but it should give a true image, other wise it is useless as an aid

SP61GHT
Well I'd disagree. It doesn't come with a helicopter for a true image so you make do with the synthetic image.
The image showing a gap between wheel and object is always accurate, so ignore that at your peril.

"Useless" is an absolute and it is demonstrably not that.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Hardworkaardvark

Post by Hardworkaardvark »

Hi guys
I have noticed that that my surround view is not so accurate but now got used to the distances.

I'm not sure if anyone can help me on a slightly different matter. I want to set the camera to a different default screen to show the grid lines but I just can't get it to stay after the has been locked and then restarted.
I've mentioned this to my OPC but they were as useful as a box of used matches :?:
Ald.