I've done it - order placed

All your ordering information here!
Marra

Post by Marra »

Hi Martin - after 5 years in a 335i M Sport convertible on 19" run flats, great car on a flat road, if you can find one in the UK anymore, I am determined to get something a bit kinder to my back. I think the Macan with PASM suits me down to the ground.

Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Great sensible spec.
Speed limit indicator is great as you can see it all the time.

PASM is great and you feel the difference in each mode you select.
You will thoroughly enjoy it. Roll on the new year for you πŸ‘
GTS πŸ˜€
Marra

Post by Marra »

Thanks Kasfranks - I can't wait - feel as if I'm wishing my life away for January to hurry up 😜
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Revisiting your code I have just noticed that you have not included PS+.

Can I suggest that you test drive another Macan without PS+ if you do not intend to include it just so you are happy with the weighting of the steering at parking speeds.

PS+ gives variable assistance to the steering, maximum assist at parking speeds gradually reducing the assistance to zero at town speeds.

You have time to amend your spec as lockdown is not until 6 weeks before the build commencement, with delivery about 25 days later.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Marra

Post by Marra »

Thanks for the advice Col - at Β£185 it's certainly worth consideration. Whilst my budget is tight, I am also considering the speed limit display which was advised by the sales guy.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Marra wrote: ↑Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:59 am I am also considering the speed limit display which was advised by the sales guy.
..but which doesn't work (if you believe everything you read on the forumπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Rigger

Post by Rigger »

Paul wrote: ↑Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:58 am
Marra wrote: ↑Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:59 am I am also considering the speed limit display which was advised by the sales guy.
..but which doesn't work (if you believe everything you read on the forumπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚)
Hmmmmm mine seems to work fine. Both in the U.K. And on the Continent. Would definitely order again....
2017 - Macan GTS ~ now sold
2007 - 997.1 Turbo (Manual)
2021 - GR Yaris
Paul

Post by Paul »

Rigger wrote: ↑Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:00 am
Paul wrote: ↑Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:58 am
Hmmmmm mine seems to work fine. Both in the U.K. And on the Continent. Would definitely order again....
That's good to hearπŸ‘

I don't have it myself, but I was refering to this.....

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6413
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
martin5789

Post by martin5789 »

Speed limit display works fine for us.
PS+ is a nice addition, I'm pleased we've got it, but it's hardly essential.
I went for the reversible carpet/rubber mat which I picked up from an OPC on eBay for about Β£100. Quite pleased with it - rubber side up it's practical , carpet side up it's pretty. And also includes a detachable roll up rubber bumper protector which serves the dual purpose of protecting the cill and stopping your legs getting mucky when loading.
Sapphire Blue Turbo collected 30th June 2017
Spec: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJBJQLD0 Photos: https://adobe.ly/2txMYjS
Others: BMW R1200GS | BMW E46 M3 | 987 Boxster S
Marra

Post by Marra »

Question on lights;
I was leaning towards Xenon as I have had them on my last 3 cars didn't want to "drop back" to halogen. I also specified the black inserts because they look quite stealthy with VG.

I can't shake off the notion of going for LED even though budget is tight and they are an extra Β£400+ over the Xenon. I am planning on keeping the car 3 - 5 years at least ( although we all know that things can change) Reasons for consideration of LED in no particular order;
They work better ( an assumption based on what I have read on this board)
They look "cool" - my opinion based on cars I see driving towards me
They are "Porsche"
They are perhaps a bit more "exclusive"
I'd be interested in comments please.

Specific question - do the LED lights have the black inserts that I'm looking for, it's not obvious on the configurator.