Tesla model X

The place to discuss everything else..
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Dandock wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:09 pm And what will be effect on the range of winter - wipers, heated windscreens, aircon, de-misting etc. As for the longer ones? I'll report back as and when.

...and the heated steering wheel, heated seats, ventilated seats... ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Wing Commander wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:52 pm
Dandock wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:09 pm And what will be effect on the range of winter - wipers, heated windscreens, aircon, de-misting etc. As for the longer ones? I'll report back as and when.

...and the heated steering wheel, heated seats, ventilated seats... ;)
👍
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Just seen on BBC website a report on the crash where an owner was killed
The crash, in May 2016, led to the death of Tesla driver Joshua Brown, 40. The driver of the truck, which was pulling a trailer, was unhurt.

"In this crash, Tesla's system worked as designed, but it was designed to perform limited tasks in a limited range of environments," Christopher Hart, a member of the NTSB said in a meeting to discuss the findings of its investigation.

"Tesla allowed the driver to use the system outside of the environment for which it was designed, and the system gave far more leeway to the driver to divert his attention to something other than driving."
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Aren't all Tesla "accidents" caused by stupid people thinking that "Autopilot" is an autopilot?
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

goron59 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:55 am Aren't all Tesla "accidents" caused by stupid people thinking that "Autopilot" is an autopilot?
I would refine your comment further.......all accidents caused by stupid people not thinking.

Very heavy rain on Motorway a few days ago, Daughter in her Mini had to slow right down as she was having great difficulty seeing.

Did other drivers slow down? No.

She then had to brake hard as a stationary vehicle came into view, the stationary vehicle was mangled and facing the wrong way in the middle lane.

Stupid is as stupid does.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:12 am
goron59 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:55 am Aren't all Tesla "accidents" caused by stupid people thinking that "Autopilot" is an autopilot?
I would refine your comment further.......all accidents caused by stupid people not thinking.

Very heavy rain on Motorway a few days ago, Daughter in her Mini had to slow right down as she was having great difficulty seeing.

Did other drivers slow down? No.

She then had to brake hard as a stationary vehicle came into view, the stationary vehicle was mangled and facing the wrong way in the middle lane.

Stupid is as stupid does.
Human lab rat!
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Talking of sheer stupidity, it never ceases to amaze me what people will do to save a few seconds. Crossing a busy dual-carriageway last night to turn right merging onto the other side, I cross halfway and wait to merge in the central reservation and an Audi A3 follows me, but then decides to park up on my inside right (so he can barely see the oncoming traffic from the left carriageway. It's pretty busy, lots of lorries in the inside lane and the usual train of fast stuff coming up the outside. So I wait patiently for a safe gap to merge into. Next thing I hear is a bit of tyre chirp and "A3 man" is gunning it down the outside lane from a standstill in front of a line of approaching cars going probably 80+. The approaching cars have to brake hard (and I mean hard) to avoid piling into him and causing a major accident (of which there have been many historically at this junction, several fatal). This time he got away with it, but just a matter of time playing that particular game. Do these people not understand what happens if you get hit, especially side on by motorway speed traffic? On balance maybe autopilot is safer when there are so many idiot human drivers around. Although it makes me think how good autopilot would be in a similar scenario. It would give me the shits sitting there waiting for it to launch into the traffic!
happy days

Post by happy days »

Don't know if the UK got it, but last night on BBC NI there was a programme being shown over two nights following the PSNI investigation various investigations by the Police Collision Investigation Unit, some fatal. It's designed to show how an investigation takes place and the whole detail on how various people are affected by the crash.

Available to download on Sky On Demand. The programme is called 'Crash'. Probably available on BBC iPlayer too.
Macan S D
718 S
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

The more I look into the Model X, the more it grows on me! Going to arrange a test drive to see what it's all about. It's certainly big enough for my needs and plenty fast enough too! Also intrigued by a proper full-on EV power train over a half-arsed petrol hybrid.
goron59

Post by goron59 »

If you've got the money to buy one and have somewhere to charge it reliably and safely, you never want to do more than 250 miles in one trip, and have no sense of shame, it's a no brainer. It's a lot of ifs though :)
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR