Macan Insurance

The place to discuss everything else..
martind21

Post by martind21 »

Hi everyone,

Picking my new Macan up on Friday, SD in VG.

My current insurance provider wouldn't cover the car based on value and age.
So having to move companies. I passed my IAM driving test few months ago and was getting a good discount with them on my Jag XF.

My new annual premium is coming in at £510.
Brand new Macan, I'm 26 years old with 6 years NCD.
I'm quite pleased with that, but just wondering if there are any insurance companies people recommend for Porsche cars maybe?

I'm sure this has probably been asked a thousand times!

-
Martin

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

NFU often comes up well, if they will insure in your area. I'm a lot older than you (!), also IAM, rural Bristol, wife as only other named driver, just renewed for £320.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Another for NFU here, also for a Turbo but unlike Nick I am in an insurance hotspot.

You may also like to get quotes from Aviva and Hastings as they have been used by many members here.

You have your age against you (damn, so envious) in obtaining a low premium on a Porsche.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
VanB

Post by VanB »

Good luck with that Martind21, at 26 and a £50k + car most insurers will not touch you without a hefty premium. I doubt NFU would even quote but may be wrong. I would use the aggregator sites, speak to a couple of brokers (like A-Plan) and then talk to the insurers direct.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Hi Martin,

I think the quote you have seems more than reasonable based on your age etc. Not sure who thats with or what level of cover etc you have but nonetheless it sounds ok. Depends if you are looking for a better policy or better price?

I am another very happy NFU customer but i am not sure they would give you a reasonable premium let alone quote but could be very wrong.
NFU policy is excellent as well as customer service etc but they can be fussy who and where then insure....

Always worth a try though.
GTS 😀
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Kasfranks99 wrote:Hi Martin,

I think the quote you have seems more than reasonable based on your age etc.
+1. I'm about to hit 44 and have been driving since 17 claim free and maxed out on NCD, no speeding points etc. My premium is 50% more than yours with Directline. Car parked on the road in London.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

martind21 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:44 pm Hi everyone,

Picking my new Macan up on Friday, SD in VG.

My current insurance provider wouldn't cover the car based on value and age.
So having to move companies. I passed my IAM driving test few months ago and was getting a good discount with them on my Jag XF.

My new annual premium is coming in at £510.
Brand new Macan, I'm 26 years old with 6 years NCD.
I'm quite pleased with that, but just wondering if there are any insurance companies people recommend for Porsche cars maybe?

I'm sure this has probably been asked a thousand times!

-
Martin
Just try compare the meerkat
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

I wouldn't waste any more time looking. You have a good quote there for you age/car value. Unless the excesses are huge, I suspect you won't better it.
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

By the way, what job do you do? MIght be helpful to know for next time the children want careers advice!
Virage11

Post by Virage11 »

+1 for NFU. They were very cheap relative to others for me on more expensive stuff
Current Porsches: 991.2 GT3 RS
Previous Porsches: Macan x4 (one of each), Panamera x2, 996x2, 997x2, Cayenne S, Boxster S, Cayman S x2, Boxster Spyder, 991.1 Turbo S, 991.2 GT3 (manual), 718 Cayman GTS (PDK)
Others: way too many...