MACAN DPF PROBLEMS

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Drew

Post by Drew »

I asked for the software update to be reversed but they said it can't be, sometimes we have managed to get the light to go off but on a few occasions its been in limp mode within 2/3 minutes so what chance have you got ?
It's then carted off on the back of a low loader.

Sidscott

Post by Sidscott »

Out of interest, my car was built May 2017 so would have been delivered with the software update?
Drew

Post by Drew »

Our service was end of April if your was built in May i'd say yes it's got it, delivered in May then maybe not.
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Could not agree more ( Mark Yorkshire) I wasted 3 months of test drives and researching SD.. only to find out about "Engine upgrades". I have cancelled my order and looking to buy petrol now, I agree with your thoughts in regards to issues caused before and after the upgrades... hope you manage to get it sorted out. :|
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Sad as it may well be but it is so not worth even going the SD buying route now, imho the risk far outways the perceived benefit of an oil burner.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Drew

Post by Drew »

I wouldn't touch a Euro 6 diesel with a barge pole now, in my opinion diesel it pretty much finished in large engine forms. We wanted a petrol but didn't want to wait a year. I just don't know why the don't revert to original settings as it was perfect before that.
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Drew wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:44 pm I asked for the software update to be reversed but they said it can't be, sometimes we have managed to get the light to go off but on a few occasions its been in limp mode within 2/3 minutes so what chance have you got ?
It's then carted off on the back of a low loader.
I wonder why some owners get the limp mode and others like myself just get a grey coloured DPF service light that goes out after a short run. If my car were going regularly into limp mode I would be demanding a replacement car. It seems clear that the act of updating the software has resulted in a car that is no longer fit for purpose. Your action will be against the dealer that did the software update.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
jk88

Post by jk88 »

Sidscott wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:52 pm Out of interest, my car was built May 2017 so would have been delivered with the software update?

The dreaded software update was rolled out around December last year, so I'd expect cars manufactured from then or very early this year would have it.
Macan GTS - Mar 17 to Jan 23
Macan SD - Apr 16 to Mar 17
Sidscott

Post by Sidscott »

jk88 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:36 am
Sidscott wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:52 pm Out of interest, my car was built May 2017 so would have been delivered with the software update?

The dreaded software update was rolled out around December last year, so I'd expect cars manufactured from then or very early this year would have it.
Thanks Jk
Drew

Post by Drew »

Mark it's a conversation we have had with the dealer, I am holding back for the fix software I keep getting told is coming.
If that doesn't sort it, there are going to be some very ugly conversations in there. They have had me ranting enough on the phone after that it will be at the dealer and very uncomfortable for them if that car isn't back to how it was.