MACAN DPF PROBLEMS

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Drew wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:31 pm Mark it's a conversation we have had with the dealer, I am holding back for the fix software I keep getting told is coming.
If that doesn't sort it, there are going to be some very ugly conversations in there. They have had me ranting enough on the phone after that it will be at the dealer and very uncomfortable for them if that car isn't back to how it was.
Await hearing further about the software fix.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.

moonigan

Post by moonigan »

My car went into limp home mode again Weds evening without warning so I took the car back to Bolton on Thursday morning and after a long chat with the DP and Sales Manager they have agreed to take the car back and are issuing a full refund. I was offered a build slot on a 2.0 for delivery in December but I'm either going to opt for a GTS or the new Cayenne neither of which can be delivered any time soon. As an interim solution and because they don't have suitable vehicles they can loan me long term I have agreed to purchase the following car: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJKJJF19 and when the car I order (Macan or Cayenne) arrives Porsche will purchase the Macan at the price I paid for it which seems like a good deal to me.

I have say Bolton have been absolutely superb throughout. This is a big problem and it isn't going away. I consider myself fortunate that the problem surfaced within the first 6 months so Sale of Goods Act was still applicable. Not sure what Porsche's stance would be if I had had the issue outside of this window.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Good news for you 👍
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

moonigan wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:13 pm My car went into limp home mode again Weds evening without warning so I took the car back to Bolton on Thursday morning and after a long chat with the DP and Sales Manager they have agreed to take the car back and are issuing a full refund. I was offered a build slot on a 2.0 for delivery in December but I'm either going to opt for a GTS or the new Cayenne neither of which can be delivered any time soon. As an interim solution and because they don't have suitable vehicles they can loan me long term I have agreed to purchase the following car: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJKJJF19 and when the car I order (Macan or Cayenne) arrives Porsche will purchase the Macan at the price I paid for it which seems like a good deal to me.

I have say Bolton have been absolutely superb throughout. This is a big problem and it isn't going away. I consider myself fortunate that the problem surfaced within the first 6 months so Sale of Goods Act was still applicable. Not sure what Porsche's stance would be if I had had the issue outside of this window.
Great outcome for you.

+ 1 again for Bolton, they are going up in my estimation (I live 1/2 hour from them).

When will Porsche nail this ad hoc problem that affects some SDs and not others?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

moonigan wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:13 pm ...after a long chat with the DP and Sales Manager they have agreed to take the car back and are issuing a full refund. I was offered a build slot on a 2.0 for delivery in December but I'm either going to opt for a GTS or the new Cayenne neither of which can be delivered any time soon. As an interim solution and because they don't have suitable vehicles they can loan me long term I have agreed to purchase the following car: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJKJJF19 and when the car I order (Macan or Cayenne) arrives Porsche will purchase the Macan at the price I paid for it which seems like a good deal to me.

This certainly seems pretty fair of Bolton. Any mileage limit on that buy-back promise on the 2.0 Macan? And any gut instinct yet as to whether you'll go for the GTS or the new Cayenne? :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Well done to Bolton. Never dealt with them but may try them in the future.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
moonigan

Post by moonigan »

Wing Commander wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:37 pm
moonigan wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:13 pm ...after a long chat with the DP and Sales Manager they have agreed to take the car back and are issuing a full refund. I was offered a build slot on a 2.0 for delivery in December but I'm either going to opt for a GTS or the new Cayenne neither of which can be delivered any time soon. As an interim solution and because they don't have suitable vehicles they can loan me long term I have agreed to purchase the following car: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJKJJF19 and when the car I order (Macan or Cayenne) arrives Porsche will purchase the Macan at the price I paid for it which seems like a good deal to me.

This certainly seems pretty fair of Bolton. Any mileage limit on that buy-back promise on the 2.0 Macan? And any gut instinct yet as to whether you'll go for the GTS or the new Cayenne? :geek:
They haven't said anything about mileage limits but its something I'll be discussing with them. My wife only does 6-8K PA so its not a major issue. As for Cayenne vs GTS. My gut is saying go with the Cayenne simply because its a new model and the Macan is due a facelift in 2018 which I'd probably miss if I ordered the GTS. I also suspect the Cayenne might hold its value better in the short term whilst demand is high.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

I am sure that either would be a great car, and the 2.0 will be a nice temporary carriage in the meantime ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:25 pm Quick run on M62 this morning from one junction to another cleared the warning light. Still wasted 16 miles of fuel doing a pointless run as had to drive back of course.
Bloody grey coloured DPF service light just came on . Always comes on when not planning a run. Might have to offer to pick my daughter up from Leeds later tonight. The light seems now to be coming on every 3 weeks. Really wish I had refused the software upgrade. :x
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
bigbaldybloke

Post by bigbaldybloke »

Make sure you get the buy back deal in writing with details of any mileage limits and costs if there are any and any time limits on the deal. Are there any charges for wear and tear and what if it's accident damaged while you have it? If it's not written in the contract it doesn't exist. Enjoy your temporary car and have fun configuring the new one.
Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PH8LE871
Macan GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPNV5P9
Lotus Elan +2
Mitsubishi Shogun
Mini Cooper S Electric