Navigation - volume shortcut and yards to metres

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Salty

Post by Salty »

The only way I have found to mute the Nav on my Boxster or Macan is to go into Nav options, Nav settings and turn the volume down to zero. It’s a real fiddle and distracting for the driver though.
Yesterday the Macan showed estimated time of arrival at my destination as 1631hrs. Great! Except that it was 1639hrs when I looked at it and had several miles to go!
The other thing I find really annoying in both cars is that as soon as you switch on the ignition the radio comes on regardless of however it was left when previously turning the ignition off.
A Porsche salesman did. It believe me and told me there was a way to stop that happening but then could not do it.
987 Boxster S (sold
987 Boxster S (sold)
White Macan S Petrol, (sold)
Rhodium Silver metallic Macan GTS (sold)
Aqua Blue 981 Boxster S (sold)
Midnight Blue 718 Boxster GTS (sold)
GT metallic silver 911 992 Carrera S (sold)
Carmine Red Boxster 981 GTS

andreas

Post by andreas »

Salty wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:25 am
The other thing I find really annoying in both cars is that as soon as you switch on the ignition the radio comes on regardless of however it was left when previously turning the ignition off.
I thought the key memory function recorded media preferences.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Col M

Post by Col M »

andreas wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:58 am
Salty wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:25 am
I thought the key memory function recorded media preferences.
I find it plays the last source used...unless it is no longer connected then defaults to radio?
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Paul wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:16 pm
Ian.g wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:54 pm
andreas wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:27 pm

Brilliant!!
Dream on!
Can I get mpg in £, shillings and pence?
On a vehicle made in the EU? I am surprised they stretch to miles per gallon - I don’t suppose the average German could tell you what either of those is!
Col M

Post by Col M »

Mpg in lsd... don’t think Pounds were involved. Remember all the hassle when price went into 3 digits
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Macan forum

Post by Macan forum »

So given the wise heads on here haven't yet offered an answer, I'm guessing in conclusion that there isn't a quick short cut to mute the navigation volume only. There are two obvious places it could / should be - as an option on the touch screen under with the map showing on the right hand side under the 'live traffic' or 'Google Earth' settings or probably more useful would be on the smaller 'porthole' option in navigation there is an option to 'end navigation' so under or above that.

On the query I raised to have the navigation in metres and kilometres but the digital speedo and odometer in miles, professionally I work with distances in metres and kms and judge distance by them but as speed limits are in mph, it makes more sense to have that element in miles. I'm surprised no-one else would favour this way around. I've just been out in the car today and changed the settings to km and it alters everything to kms - there may be a way to spilt the option. I'm goIng to keep trying...
грязныйдизель

Post by грязныйдизель »

I don't know about PCM navigation, but I always use Car Play if available; there you tap the instruction box and choose "ETA only." It stays quiet, but still shows directions, speed limits and traffic. Tap it again to get voice back.