GTS leather or alcantara

All your ordering information here!
Sidscott

Post by Sidscott »

Going for the full GTS stitched interior but not sure whether to go alcantara or full leather.. both the same price which seems odd as you pay extra for full leather on the standard car.
I think the alcantara is more traditionally GTS but not sure about practicality, wear etc.
What is the general consesous on here?

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I have full leather in mine but would probably get alcantara for a GTS.

I don't have a huge experience with alcantara but think it is similar or better than leather for wear / practicality.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Mine’s leather but the only Alcantara experiences I’ve had were quite a few years ago with MG Z range cars and Clio Williams / V6 where even in my short (6 month) ownerships the driver’s seat and steering wheels did go a bit shiney.
You’d have to hope current Porsche materials are a bit harder wearing?
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
VanB

Post by VanB »

A lot will depend on your mileage and anticipated length of ownership. I was advised to get a leather steering wheel in the 991 as I do 10k miles a year over 3 years and the alcantara would likely get "a bit shiny" in that time and mileage but to keep the alcantara seats as they were expected in a 991 GTS. However, I was also advised that, as the Macan is more of a family car, leather was no detriment to the car as easier to keep clean. You pays your money...
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Probably won’t make your decision any easier but I like the Alcantara but went full GTS leather in the Macan.

Was worried about wear and kids etc (even though they don’t eat in the car) with alcantara.
To be honest with my limited millage in the GTS I would of had nothing to worry about if I went alcantara.

On a 911 GTS I would definately go with alcantara though 😊
GTS 😀
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

My alcantara experience is with Audi - half alcantara and half leather - the alcantara looks less worn than the leather.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

We have two cars with Alcantara seating panels. Both from new - one car has done now 22,000 miles and the Macan 4,000 miles. Both are standing up really well to wear & tear including the rear seats with two child seats each for our grandchildren. We find the Alcantara a better material than all leather seats as warmer on getting in on a cold day and the heated seats seem to come through quicker too. In the warmer months they feel cooler and you never get that "burnt" feeling on getting in after the cars have been left in the sun! 😎

Alcantara certainly grips well when cornering hard as an added bonus. 😉

Don't think I'd want an Alcantara trimmed steering wheel though.😡
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

No, agree, wouldn't want an Alcantara trimmed steering wheel. I could be tempted by an Alcantara trimmed roof lining though.
Northandy

Post by Northandy »

I've gone full gts leather with the silver stitching. The demo car had alcantara with red and alcantara roof and steering wheel, I reckon the steering wheel would wear badly, the alcantara heading was very nice though... but pricey!
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

My Turbo Interior has Alcantara panels and red stitching in the leather. It looks fabulous (to us) and, as has been said, it's warmer in winter and cooler in summer so we prefer it over leather. I think the wear thing is a bit overstated. It wears well and is easy to clean, but I agree about the steering wheel and have specced leather in the 991.2. I've also gone for the Alcantara + leather option but not the horrendously expensive coloured stitching option.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA