GTS leather or alcantara

All your ordering information here!
Sidscott

Post by Sidscott »

Thanks for the feedback everyone... and no, I’m not going for the alcantara steering wheel either!

VanB

Post by VanB »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:46 pm My Turbo Interior has Alcantara panels and red stitching in the leather. It looks fabulous (to us) and, as has been said, it's warmer in winter and cooler in summer so we prefer it over leather. I think the wear thing is a bit overstated. It wears well and is easy to clean, but I agree about the steering wheel and have specced leather in the 991.2. I've also gone for the Alcantara + leather option but not the horrendously expensive coloured stitching option.
Have done exactly the same, mostly thanks to you 👍
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

"Going for the full GTS stitched interior but not sure whether to go alcantara or full leather.. both the same price which seems odd as you pay extra for full leather on the standard car.
I think the alcantara is more traditionally GTS but not sure about practicality, wear etc.
What is the general consesous on here?"

You'll only have the choice if you choose the 8-way seats, if you go 14 way, Alcantara is no longer an option on seats but there are trim elements you can add so it depends if you're looking at adding some elements or thinking of the seats and elements to tie it all together.

I've got Alcantara in a couple of my cars and the pile does flatten and develop a bit of a sheen but it can be brushed back and I would recommend having it treated when the car is new as it will make life easier later. Gtechniq do some excellent products and after a little work with a toothbrush, the material looks like new. They use Alcantara in race cars for grip and I like the feel of it on a steering wheel but we have not spec'd it in out GTS as we have 14 way seats and my wife has clammy hands and she uses hand cream and it's a recipe for disaster on a steering wheel.

From a design point of view, it helps provide some variation in a same colour cabin - the light hits Alcantara differently to leather of course and aesthetically, I rather like it. But I've never liked it enough to part with it for a head liner or similar!
MartinRS2K

Post by MartinRS2K »

I went for the Full Leather over the Alcantara. Having kids I thought it would be better wearing (or less likely to show food stains). I got the leather treated with Gtechniq before delivery to hopefully keep it looking like new.
Macan GTS collected 28/10/17 - Carmine Red http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ4B4758
991.2 GT3 Touring collected 24/03/18 - Carrara White Metallic http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ9T3NA0
997.2 GT3RS 2010 - Carrara White with Riviera Blue Decals and Wheels (Only 7,000 miles from New)
Midasman15

Post by Midasman15 »

I have the alcantara along with a child! It looks as good as new and now nearly two years old.
Very happy with it, so much so have ordered same interior on new Macan arriving in April.
hope this helps
MM
VG GTS gone, Grey GTS here but prefer the VG colour :(
Sidscott

Post by Sidscott »

Thanks..Good to hear!