Macan S or GTS

All your ordering information here!
Stellauk

Post by Stellauk »

Hi
Try to make a decision on Macan S or GTS. I was initially thinking of Macan S, however when I spec it up the extra comes to over £10,000 on top. It has around £6000 of GTS included features ie wheels, PASM, lights etc. If I order a GTS I would then ONLY need to order £4500 extra on top. The GTS is in total £4000 more than Macan S.
Which do you think it is better for value when it comes to resale in 3 years time. I am also concerned about the facelift coming this year think it may effect the valua of Macan S more as GTS probably will get the facelift next year. I don’t want wait until next year for a new car.
I am probably will be happy driving either car. I had been driving BMW 435 for many years. However husband would like a SUV 😱 so consider Macan would be a happy medium. I have owned a BMW 5 series but really didn’t like it, too big for me. I checked the Macan is same length as BMW 4 series but 10cm wider. Hopefully I can cope with this.
Any advice is welcomes. Many thanks

MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

Welcome to the forum Stellauk,

The answer is quite simple - go for the GTS, as you point out the GTS comes with many driver focussed options. The Macan GTS (like GTS models across the Porsche range) tend to be the least depreciating model. The facelift Macan is likely to arrive later this year - September onwards but will most likely be released in Diesel S and Petrol S guise. The Macan Gen2 GTS will come a bit later like the Macan Gen1 GTS.

Hope that helps

Arif
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
Col M

Post by Col M »

I find that residuals seem to drop quickly to the base cost so I think the GTS could drop the least in three years.
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Paul

Post by Paul »

+1 (but I am a bit biased!😉)
The GTS should retain a much better percentage residual.
Mrs P had an X5 for a while (5 series platform) and has no issues driving the Macan, she’s currently in a 428 cab...and keeps stealing my key!
Don’t worry about the facelift - it is unlikely to have a massive (if any) effect on 3 yr residuals, and as Arfi says, the GTS facelift probably won’t appear until Q1 2019 or later.

PS...do post your configurator code....we may be able to increase your options spend..😈
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Stellauk

Post by Stellauk »

Ok My spec code is
www.porsche-code.com/PJF2VP81
I did not spec privacy glasses should I?
No spare wheel as I don’t think I can change the wheel on my own anyhow.
Sport design wheels instead of spider wheels, would really love the spider wheels but I often damage the alloys, I think sport design wheels are not diamond cut so can be refurbished more easily.
Any suggestions welcomed!
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

I love the Sports Classics but would go for the Black Spyders on a GTS.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Paul

Post by Paul »

2 comments - I think I’d stick with a “GTS” interior of some description.....agate grey can apoear quite brown in some lights.....
..as Tom, black wheels are a bit of a GTS theme.....if you kerb the spyders, you would have kerbed the sport designs too!
(and the GTS spyders aren’t diamond cut)
But it’s your car...so go for whatever you feel fits👍
(PS, get the spare....and call the nice Porsche Assist man who’ll change it for you!)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

I had a petrol S before my GTS and it was definitely a step up so if it was me I'd plump for the GTS.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Welcome to the forum.
I am another GTS biased owner 😉

I originally looked at the S but I aadded almost £20k of options. A GTS was a no brainier in the end and I also went with the full GTS interior to finish it off

The drive is great in either but I think The GTS will hold its value better.

I think you have a very nice spec. Love the wheels and nice and easy to clean too 👍. I love the black spiders but wife said no black wheels 😟. It’s her car mainly so fair enough.
You have surround view camera which makes parking a lot easier so limits chances of kerbing so I would not worry too much.

Agree with comments on the interior colour. It’ can look a little brown ish.
Adding the spare wheel allows you to call porsche assist otherwise you are on your own with the cans of gunk to fill it.
You have auto dimming mirrors so you don’t need privacy glass but we added both as had on previous cars and have kids.

Basically get the GTS if the budget allows. It’s a fantastic car which drives like no other SUV on the market.
GTS 😀
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

A Macan S on makes sense if you can keep the extras below 10% of the base price
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50