PPF / Gtechniq/ no coating

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Nobleman

Post by Nobleman »

i had GTechniq applied to my Macan, never even heard of it before reading about it here. I had it applied by a local detailer straight after collecting the car from the OPC. Yes it cost £500 but the car lives outside and it makes it so much easier to keep it clean, saving valuable time and avoiding having to run the gauntlet of local car washers. So for me it's not (just) about being obsessive, it saves time and makes life easier.
pj191k89

CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

GTechniq, with maybe PPF on the front and lower sides.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Possibly there is a little misunderstanding of a Gtechniq coating, it is not a one hit wonder, the top EXO coating has a limited lifespan.

It is effectively a wear layer that will degrade in performance over time and its lifespan will be dependent upon the environmental coditions.

The EXO v2 coating has an effective lifespan of up to 18 months.

A new EXO v3 coating is out there and this provides a harder surface coating that should last even longer.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Stellauk

Post by Stellauk »

Don’t mind spending £500 on the Gtechniq coating. It sounds very reasonable. I thought it would cost more around £800-1000 mark according to the Gtechniq website. I will give the local detailing guy a ring and find out.
If I have a 911 GT3 I probably will have the PPF 😀
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

I have a quote of 1k for PPF for the complete front of the 911 which I will probably take up. Much more worried about chips that the ultimate shine. The dealer says that it should help retain value, even though its an independent guy doing the work and Porsche don't sanction PPF officially.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
MartinRS2K

Post by MartinRS2K »

I had our Macan GTS sent to Reep to get the front end (Bonnet and Bumper only as the wings are tiny) PPF filmed and the rest of the car had Gtechniq Crystal Serum Black (ceramic coating) with EXO v.3 applied on top.

It keeps the car looking really bright and shiny and the PPF does protect the car from 'small' stones. The Crystal Serum was also applied to the wheels and callipers and the dirt falls off and makes the weekly wash a 40 - 60 minute job :D

My incoming GT3 will be getting the same done next month but with the wings, wing mirrors and sills also PPF filmed.

Macan GTS collected 28/10/17 - Carmine Red http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ4B4758
991.2 GT3 Touring collected 24/03/18 - Carrara White Metallic http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ9T3NA0
997.2 GT3RS 2010 - Carrara White with Riviera Blue Decals and Wheels (Only 7,000 miles from New)
Nobleman

Post by Nobleman »

Stellauk wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:16 am Don’t mind spending £500 on the Gtechniq coating. It sounds very reasonable. I thought it would cost more around £800-1000 mark according to the Gtechniq website. I will give the local detailing guy a ring and find out.
If I have a 911 GT3 I probably will have the PPF 😀
Its usually more than £500 - I got a very good introductory price from my detailer, and he's not registered for VAT so that's another 20% saving.
pj191k89
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

I have PPF on my GTS, did the front bumper, lights, mirrors, part bonnet, side sills and doors to crease line above the blades. Couple of other bits and all for about £500. Great job.
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

My OPC did the Gtech for £450 after I said I wasn't interested at £600. Must admit, it makes washing the car a doddle and a quick once over with a squeegee and microfibre towel, brings it up nice and shiny.
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
Nobleman

Post by Nobleman »

nsm3 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:43 pm My OPC did the Gtech for £450 after I said I wasn't interested at £600. Must admit, it makes washing the car a doddle and a quick once over with a squeegee and microfibre towel, brings it up nice and shiny.
If that was CS Black + Evo you got a real bargain.
pj191k89