Recommended scratch repair

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Calham04

Post by Calham04 »

So first post on forum and unfortunately not a great one some low life has decided to key my pride and joy. This is a reoccurring problem with having my golf keyed 4 times and now the macan. Police have cctv footage of the scumbag do it on the golf but have failed to act in anyway and now the macan has been keyed :( so i am in need of some help for recommendations to get this sorted im based in norfolk.

Thanks in advanceImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Paul

Post by Paul »

B@stards!

(Oh, and welcome to the forum!)

The only real way to resolve is to spray through both doors and blend ....£2-300 per panel☹️

Touch-up and even local dings and dents / sprayers will not be very effective at disguising that degree of damage (it looks through to the primer)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Vandalism is such a pointless thing. Can’t see what satisfaction others can get from mindless acts of destruction. It’s gutting when things like that happen. Hope you get it sorted without too much expense. I’d agree with Paul about a proper respray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

:( Sickening for you - sorry to see it
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
VanB

Post by VanB »

Personally I wouldn't trust this to a smart repair and would take it to a proper body shop to be sprayed and blended in. I would guess around £750 to sort this out so marginal as to whether its worth claiming but probably not. Absolute wankers the jealous twats that do this. Really sorry for you.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
steve w

Post by steve w »

So sorry to see such mindless vandalism,shear jealousy,takes the enjoyment out of owning the Macan ,I believe some people think you’ve had them given to you and not got through hard work ,always careful where I leave ours and it’s locked up at night,if I had to leave it parked on the road at night I wouldn’t Have bought it.
IMO needs a professional repair probably best part of £800/£1000.
SteveW
APS1

Post by APS1 »

I used a franchise repair company called Revive for a scratch I picked up on my SD, what a mistake that was, the car looked worse after the so called repair. I ended up paying the guy just to get rid of him and then took the car to my OPC recommended contractor and paid a second time - be warned
Macan GTS :D
Macan SD :)
Cayenne D :)
happy days

Post by happy days »

Dreadful. Why would anyone want t do that?
Macan S D
718 S
Calham04

Post by Calham04 »

Guys thanks for all the comments much appreciated. I've had my estimate for repair through porsche and they came back with £2792 would like to see what you guys think about this price, i personally thought that was bit steep for just a scratch.