Configurator diesel warning

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
N13LXC

Post by N13LXC »

Tom 2000 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:05 pm
Ian.g wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:56 pm
Col M wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:02 pm

Wow! That's some heavy thinking.

Maybe Audi should just have told Porsche what their fix was in the first place. Having bought into this second-hand I wonder when UK OPCs will be calling SDs in. Still can hope for a cure for my heavy right foot...only averaging 31.7mpg
That’s about what I average. I don’t know how people get better than this! I don’t want an update - unless it boosts the power as well
You get better if you stay under 55mph. I can’t. My average is 30.
I don’t want anybody tinkering with my software either unless I know exactly what it achieves.
I’m driving my dad’s A6 allroad at the minute (while i wait for the macan) it has the 3.0 v6 bi turbo deisel in it. He manages 38...me, more like 28! 😂...

Very impressed with that engine though...
Current: 991.2 GTS, Gtd
Previous: Macan TPP, C350e, B8 RS4 Nogaro, Tiguan, S3, A1, B8 RS4, A5 cab, Golf GTTDI x2, RS Clio 197, TT Cab 1.8T, RS Clio 182, Megane 1.5 dci, Clio 1.5 dci, Astra Merit 1.6 d

Curious2

Post by Curious2 »

I wonder if this means production will be more biased towards Petrol and my Macan S build date will come forward !
Current 2017. 911 C2
Current 2018Macan S
Gone: 2015 981 Cayman
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Col M wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:02 pm
Mike and his Macan wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:53 pm I try and think of it this way... the fix that fixed the fix didn’t fix the fix , so another fix is needed to fix the fix of the fix.
Wow! That's some heavy thinking.

Maybe Audi should just have told Porsche what their fix was in the first place. Having bought into this second-hand I wonder when UK OPCs will be calling SDs in. Still can hope for a cure for my heavy right foot...only averaging 31.7mpg
Your right foot is not much heavier than mine was, I only averaged 33mpg actual and if you have taken the MFD reading as your consumption then I am sorry to advise that the MFD reading is probably 10% higer than actual, my SD certainly was.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Col M

Post by Col M »

Having to visit Milton Keynes a lot currently. Now there's a road system not designed for fuel economy!
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Paul

Post by Paul »

Col M wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:33 pm Having to visit Milton Keynes a lot currently. Now there's a road system not designed for fuel economy!
But great fun though! All that point and squirt between the bends😉😉 (and still national speedlimit for the most part👍)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Caster

Post by Caster »

Hope the delay doesn't last too long for those wanting new SDs.

But, there again, longer the SD is out of production - more potential for existing SDs to demand a good trade in price ! :)

PS....38.3 mpg showing on my SD after 13k miles and I don't mess around. But, there again (x2), sounds like others are having even more fun with 'em! :D
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

I live there... great fun to drive, expert at driving in circles :D
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Col M

Post by Col M »

Mike and his Macan wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:14 pm I live there... great fun to drive, expert at driving in circles :D
But how many locals seem to overestimate how well their cars accelerate and just pull out in front? Do you rotate tyres left and right?
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Yes I do rotate tyres... but there are routes where there are not so many. I absolutely loved testing the Macan here.. it gave me so much confidence. And yes ... however I find the weekends the worst ,lots of out of town drivers that aren’t use to cars moving at a rate of knots!! A great place to drive at night most roads are completely empty.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

I'm with the others that don't want any 'update' that will mess with the performance (1st) or economy (2nd). Chances are it will be a tweak upwards to the AdBlue consumption? This is what Audi did to our 2.0 Q5, with no ill effects noticeable? Upside to this, is Audi will now pay for the AdBlue top ups for a number of years/miles (can't remember details tbh, just waiting for light to come on?).
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S