Configurator diesel warning

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

I believe I read that the head of the “ Transport department “ said no amount of software updates will cure this problem.. although the statement was not specific to engines cc.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊

nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

Mike and his Macan wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:42 pm I believe I read that the head of the “ Transport department “ said no amount of software updates will cure this problem.. although the statement was not specific to engines cc.
Imagine if Porsche have to do a compulsory 'buy back' of all the SDs sold in the EU! Should put the price of GT3s up?

I will take a Turbo please. :D
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

With the upcoming factory shut down on the production of petrol engines and the temporary shut down on diesel production there are areas of Stuttgart and Leipzig that are going to be very quiet this summer.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Paul

Post by Paul »

On-Track wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:45 am With the upcoming factory shut down on the production of petrol engines and the temporary shut down on diesel production there are areas of Stuttgart and Leipzig that are going to be very quiet this summer.
Not mention the dealerships......how are they going to make a living with nothing to sell?
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Paul wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:54 pm
On-Track wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:45 am With the upcoming factory shut down on the production of petrol engines and the temporary shut down on diesel production there are areas of Stuttgart and Leipzig that are going to be very quiet this summer.
Not mention the dealerships......how are they going to make a living with nothing to sell?
Must ask on my next visit to Tewkesbury in a couple of weeks.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

That's easy - just stick the service costs up and the markup on used cars.
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

In away I think what they are doing is the right thing , long term.. it will make the brand more desirable long term , and possibly have the bragging rights that their brand is not associated with any form of emissions cheating. Are Audi/ Vw doing the same as Porcshe by shutting down their factories too? As the engines as we know ,are supplied by them, so would make sense?
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

As the new engines are joint Audi/Porsche (as will be the coming various EV platforms) I think it would pay both - or the co-joined union- to put as much distance as possible between them/it and VW.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

Exactly what my dealer was complaining about a couple of weeks ago... Nothing to sell...
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

...so we can expect more mailings, emails & Facebook posts from OPCs offering nice watches, jackets, winter wheels & tyres, summer wheels, cufflinks, mugs, bags, T-shirts...! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018