Can't Unlock

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
oad

Post by oad »

Weird one, not sure if anyone has had a similar issue. My car wouldn't unlock with the key fob. I immediately thought it might be the batteries and changed them. This still did not work. After much faffing around I used the Porsche app on my iPhone to check the status. As soon as it had made contact and updated the last trip mileage etc. I tried the fob and hey presto the doors unlocked. Any thoughts on why I may have experienced this behaviour. It's happened twice now in 2 months?
Macan 2019 Turbo
SOLD Macan 2014 SD

Col M

Post by Col M »

Same cure both times? Don't think it can be related. Swap to other key and see if it happens with that one?
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Is it a subtle way to make sure you pay the £99 to renew your connect app every year?!
oad

Post by oad »

Yes, same cure both times and same thing happens with the other key fob. It’s as if the car is hibernating and only wakes up when I connect via the app. Very strange. It has been cold and I have left it a couple of weeks each time before driving the car. I do get a battery is low warning too just after start up.
Macan 2019 Turbo
SOLD Macan 2014 SD
VanB

Post by VanB »

Battery low is more than likely your issue so would try charging it and see if the problem recurs
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate