Thinking of Selling Your Porsche ?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Salty

Post by Salty »

Dandock wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:38 pm
gw76 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:21 pm Ive got a Macan S Petrol MY15. Im trying to decide whether to sell and get a current model GTS or hang on until refresh. Warranty, MOT, Roadside Assistance all ot in April.
They apparently have pre specd and new build slots available for April delivery. Factory closure mentioned.
Not sure what to do 😦
Snap! Interesting to hear of the April slots. 🤔
Me too. Tempted to change for a current GTS but I think I should probably wait and see what the face lift is like and then wait for the face lifted GTS.
987 Boxster S (sold
987 Boxster S (sold)
White Macan S Petrol, (sold)
Rhodium Silver metallic Macan GTS (sold)
Aqua Blue 981 Boxster S (sold)
Midnight Blue 718 Boxster GTS (sold)
GT metallic silver 911 992 Carrera S (sold)
Carmine Red Boxster 981 GTS

Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

I had a similar letter from Tewkesbury last week, wanting to buy my car. Presumably they would be keen to sell me a new one at the same time...
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Ian.g wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:14 pm I had a similar letter from Tewkesbury last week, wanting to buy my car. Presumably they would be keen to sell me a new one at the same time...
Snap.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

gw76 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:21 pm Ive got a Macan S Petrol MY15. Im trying to decide whether to sell and get a current model GTS or hang on until refresh. Warranty, MOT, Roadside Assistance all ot in April.
They apparently have pre specd and new build slots available for April delivery. Factory closure mentioned.
Not sure what to do 😦
Good luck getting a fair offer from any OPC. Until Ms B intervened and vetoed my choice, I was going to order an April build Carmine GTS. So a few weeks ago I phoned 4 OPC's asking for trade in offers on my well specced 10 mnth old Petrol S, against one of their used Panameras. Offers were awful, they varied by £3000 but so poor I decided to keep it for a while. One OPC then listed my car (I had sent them the original invoice and some photos), their asking price showed a mark up of £8500! On a car with 2yrs warranty left, less than 10k miles and in as new condition, so not much work or risk for them for such a profit. An SE I went to see told me straight faced that they only make £2/3k on each used car, " yeah right!" I couldn't be bothered to argue.
As it happens, a forum member became aware I was selling and we've done a deal. I won't say who but he has already added it to his signature and I collect a Gen 1 facelift 2016 Panamera Hybrid from Glasgow on Saturday, metallic black with full cream & black interior and lots of good extras. They will have to live with £8k profit on one car instead of two. Their GAP was £1019, ALA was £408, so as in all things, caveat emptor.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

£8k is normal OPC mark-up (ask them to justify it and have a laugh watching the SE squirm as they give you the reasons!). My last 2 cars went in/out within a week at £52/£60k and £37/£45k.
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
Paul

Post by Paul »

nsm3 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:01 am £8k is normal OPC mark-up (ask them to justify it and have a laugh watching the SE squirm as they give you the reasons!). My last 2 cars went in/out within a week at £52/£60k and £37/£45k.
Not going to start a justification “debate” but there are very few other industries happy to work on the 10-12 percent gross margin you describe.
Consider that VAT is payable on the full margin (irrespective of any costs incurred,) preparation and warranty costs reduce the margin further, the advertised price is seldom the final transaction price, premises and franchise costs are astronomical, staff wages (including admin and general overhead) all reduce the margin further. Then, corporation tax at 20 percent is due in what’s left. 4-5 percent is probably a truer figure overall.
Again, not asking for a dealer sympathy vote, just highlighting that gross margins are not all they might appear at first sight.
A “fair” price us one where both parties are happy. If you’re not happy then, as Frank says above, just walk away and find an alternative.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
N13LXC

Post by N13LXC »

Paul wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:43 am
nsm3 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:01 am £8k is normal OPC mark-up (ask them to justify it and have a laugh watching the SE squirm as they give you the reasons!). My last 2 cars went in/out within a week at £52/£60k and £37/£45k.
Not going to start a justification “debate” but there are very few other industries happy to work on the 10-12 percent gross margin you describe.
Consider that VAT is payable on the full margin (irrespective of any costs incurred,) preparation and warranty costs reduce the margin further, the advertised price is seldom the final transaction price, premises and franchise costs are astronomical, staff wages (including admin and general overhead) all reduce the margin further. Then, corporation tax at 20 percent is due in what’s left. 4-5 percent is probably a truer figure overall.
Again, not asking for a dealer sympathy vote, just highlighting that gross margins are not all they might appear at first sight.
A “fair” price us one where both parties are happy. If you’re not happy then, as Frank says above, just walk away and find an alternative.
Well said. especially - " If you’re not happy then, as Frank says above, just walk away and find an alternative."
Current: 991.2 GTS, Gtd
Previous: Macan TPP, C350e, B8 RS4 Nogaro, Tiguan, S3, A1, B8 RS4, A5 cab, Golf GTTDI x2, RS Clio 197, TT Cab 1.8T, RS Clio 182, Megane 1.5 dci, Clio 1.5 dci, Astra Merit 1.6 d
IainSmith

Post by IainSmith »

Evening Caster

Yeah I know all the service team well. The road with my issue started with Sandeep,Simon,Mark then PorscheUK back to OPC Leeds and now the service manager Paul.

They are washing there hands of this issue now under something they are calling ‘coupled frequency‘ and it’s nothing to worry about. They are absolutely missing the point that the noise is the issue not the nothing to worry about. The service to be honest has been embarrassing. Great sales when buying the car, but shocking customer service afterwards.

As I notified them of the noise issue 2 months from taking delivery, I’ve now requested a replacement car as the bloody noise warbling is constant.

Link to the noise is here https://www.dropbox.com/s/qcvt37cim2z44 ... 8.m4a?dl=0

I’m moving the phone around the cabin to see where you can hear the warbling most.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Paul wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:43 am

Agreed, Paul. Even if they did really make £8k per sale, it would take one heck of a long time to get back the multi-million pound cost of building a modern OPC. :ugeek:

Plus, often the OPC don't end up selling the car for what they'd first hoped. Very recently for example, I believe that the price of Rab's old Macan GTS was cut by £3k at the OPC.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Caster

Post by Caster »

Blimey - really sorry to hear that Iain.

Good luck with your aim for a replacement car - any indications yet as to whether that might be a possibility?
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D