Geneva announcements

All the latest Macan News and Reviews
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Just watched Porsche’s unveiling’s at Geneva via FB. No Macan! Just the GT3 RS, more on Mission E and a Mission E / Macan amalgam concept called the Cross Tourismo. Apart from an excess of black bits in the crossover tradition (wheel arches, gutters etc) - which I’m sure will be watered down if it makes production- it looked great. It looked very much like a merged Mission E / Panny Tourismo with Macan overtones and had the full width rear light. If that’s coming to the new Macan as it was seen here then it looks great The CEO was very positive and it fits well with the long rumoured Macan Fastback or whatever it’s been called. No commitment or dates mentioned - simply that they’d be measuring consumer reaction during the show.

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/product ... 14935.html
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

That Mission e CT looks great, it looks like the proper family 4 seater that Porsche should have made rather than the low slung Panny.

Porsche are now taking the pi55 with its Macan owners and those considering one, the facelift has been bandied around for ages, the spy shots are now very old news, the Macan internals are now light years behind the competition, the SD being dropped.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
N13LXC

Post by N13LXC »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:58 am That Mission e CT looks great, it looks like the proper family 4 seater that Porsche should have made rather than the low slung Panny.

Porsche are now taking the pi55 with its Macan owners and those considering one, the facelift has been bandied around for ages, the spy shots are now very old news, the Macan internals are now light years behind the competition, the SD being dropped.
How dare they not release a Facelift...(Jokes...)

this is common, the B8 to B9 RS4 was a long wait...think there's a 3yr gap between last of the old & 1st of the new...wonder if there's something to do with the new emissions leading to additional delay?

Good news for those of us awaiting a current build (mine is due any day now...)
Current: 991.2 GTS, Gtd
Previous: Macan TPP, C350e, B8 RS4 Nogaro, Tiguan, S3, A1, B8 RS4, A5 cab, Golf GTTDI x2, RS Clio 197, TT Cab 1.8T, RS Clio 182, Megane 1.5 dci, Clio 1.5 dci, Astra Merit 1.6 d
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

I guess that Porsche see no point in announcing facelift Macan at Geneva with the forthcoming factory shut down . What seems to be known is that the facelift Macan will have 2 new petrol engines, no diesel, minor changes to front bumper , possible rear light bar across rear hatch, wider PCM screen, centre vents moved below new screen. I guess the CD drive will be removed in view of the vents being in the position where the CD driven currently lives. I guess there may be some new colours and wheels options.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:14 pm I guess that Porsche see no point in announcing facelift Macan at Geneva with the forthcoming factory shut down . What seems to be known is that the facelift Macan will have 2 new petrol engines, no diesel, minor changes to front bumper , possible rear light bar across rear hatch, wider PCM screen, centre vents moved below new screen. I guess the CD drive will be removed in view of the vents being in the position where the CD driven currently lives. I guess there may be some new colours and wheels options.
And just summer tyres. 🙄
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Dandock wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:36 pm
mark-yorkshire wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:14 pm I guess that Porsche see no point in announcing facelift Macan at Geneva with the forthcoming factory shut down . What seems to be known is that the facelift Macan will have 2 new petrol engines, no diesel, minor changes to front bumper , possible rear light bar across rear hatch, wider PCM screen, centre vents moved below new screen. I guess the CD drive will be removed in view of the vents being in the position where the CD driven currently lives. I guess there may be some new colours and wheels options.
And just summer tyres. 🙄
Yes, that is so much better for Tequipment sales of Winter tyres and rims.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:42 pm
And just summer tyres. 🙄
If you have somewhere to store them!
martin5789

Post by martin5789 »

And just summer tyres. 🙄
All seasons haven't been an option for a while now.
Sapphire Blue Turbo collected 30th June 2017
Spec: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJBJQLD0 Photos: https://adobe.ly/2txMYjS
Others: BMW R1200GS | BMW E46 M3 | 987 Boxster S
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Dandock wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:50 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:42 pm

And just summer tyres. 🙄
If you have somewhere to store them!
Someone (possibly Peteski?) mentioned elsewhere today that his OPC changes and stores wheels/tyres free of charge? Which OPC. And do any other OPCs still do this? :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
VanB

Post by VanB »

Believe all sanctioned OPCs do this if you buy your winter set from them
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate