Macan GTS - spec advice please

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
BenC

Post by BenC »

Hi all, first post here. We're looking to spec-up a new GTS as a family wagon for us two adults and a newborn.

We're buying with our money, so I want to do my best to spec up a car that won't be hard to shift in a few years time. I have read the forums here a lot (and the survey, thanks!) and think I have a good handle on what is worth having on the Macan.

However, I'd appreciate your input if you think I've missed anything or if I've specced something you think is pointless.

https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PJHAT4P2

I've kept with the Alcantara and Carbon theme as I own a BMW CSL and feel those are important features that make that car feel special and I think they will on the GTS too.

Also, I'd be keen to know what deals/discount you managed to negotiate on your Macans. I am sure the answer will be 'no deal' but seeing as we're coming to the end of the quarter, there must be at least one Porsche dealer who would be prepared to move a bit, to hit their targets.

Many thanks in advance, Ben.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

BenC wrote:Hi all, first post here. We're looking to spec-up a new GTS as a family wagon for us two adults and a newborn.

We're buying with our money, so I want to do my best to spec up a car that won't be hard to shift in a few years time. I have read the forums here a lot (and the survey, thanks!) and think I have a good handle on what is worth having on the Macan.

However, I'd appreciate your input if you think I've missed anything or if I've specced something you think is pointless.

https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PJHAT4P2

I've kept with the Alcantara and Carbon theme as I own a BMW CSL and feel those are important features that make that car feel special and I think they will on the GTS too.

Also, I'd be keen to know what deals/discount you managed to negotiate on your Macans. I am sure the answer will be 'no deal' but seeing as we're coming to the end of the quarter, there must be at least one Porsche dealer who would be prepared to move a bit, to hit their targets.

Many thanks in advance, Ben.
Having spoken to about 12 trade buyers over the last 24 hrs, the things they all have wanted are 21” wheels, pano roof and PASM. They are of course interested in the much broader spec, but that’s the first thing they’ve all asked. Caveat though that this has been for a SD, but think they’re pretty important across the range.

I’ll let the more expert GTS owners comment on the rest. Good luck with your purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Hi Ben and welcome to our friendly forum! :)

That's a nice looking GTS. Don't see many in Agate Grey.

That list of options is probably at the top of what you'd want to spend on extras.

You may wish to consider adding the spare wheel, even if it means losing another option that you've currently specced.

In regard to the comment about 21" wheels, I think you'll be fine on a GTS with the 20" GTS wheels. :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

P.S. Congrats on the new addition to the family! :D
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Great spec, I’m not sure if air on a GTS is needed, iv never read anything to say it’s not a very comfortable car, entry and drive ... see thread from a few days ago... possible security issues. Enjoy 😊
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Paul

Post by Paul »

+1 on the wheels - standard spec black spyders look fine and will be acceptable on residual (I hope😂)
You are at the top end of additional options (again from a residual viewpoint if this is important to you)
I’d question the “need” for air suspension, heat insulating glass, bose, and some have questioned the durability of the alcantara steering wheel. The carbon interior pack will look fine but probably no better than the (foc) brushed black aluminium.
A bit more leather in the cabin would be nice - the dash and door tops will be “ plastic” otherwise .....but I’m sure others will give conflicting opinions!😂
The GTS is a fine car, I’ve enjoyed the last 18 months in mine👍
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Sorry forgot to mention the glass! Im sure I remember watching something on you tube ( Macan test) and they said they didn’t feel it was worth it. Again this is all personal, mybe try to drive a few , see what you think.
Last edited by Mike and his Macan on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Welcome and a great Spec. 👍

I would consider the 18” spare wheel. You can call porsche assist and they will come and change it for you. Otherwise you are on your own with the gunk.

Read up about the entry and drive on the security aspect. It’s not a common option.

If your decide to drop the insulted glass then the privacy glass would be a good choice with the little one in the back.
I don’t feel air is needed at all on a GTS. It does depend on what you currently drive and i came from some very hard Audi sports suspension and PASM in the GTS in comfort mode is lovely. I found air a little too floaty for my liking.
Consider light comfort package. Well worth it imo and not expensive.

Listen to Bose and see if you think it’s worth the extra from the standard system. A few of us stuck with the standard as not enough of a difference.

If you decide to reduce some of the options above you could spend it on the full GTS interior it’s a lovely place to sit. :D

Whatever you decide it’s a faboulois SUV which can feel very sporty when you want it to and a leisurely drive with the little one

Forgot to say there are always deals and some discount. Don’t expect too much but it’s all about the overall deal. If using your own cash ask about the under 1% short term loan at your OPC. Not all opc offer this though. A little discount on the car and maximum for a part exchange and you are laughing. 👍
GTS 😀
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

I would also drop the insulated glass and roof rails. That gives you £1k to spend on the extended leather pack. This gives nice leather on dash etc and gives all you get in the GTS interior pack except coloured stiching and seatbelts and the colour on the speedo clocks.

I would also drop the air suspension as its not needed on a GTS. I have 21" wheels and the ride is very good. I actually drive in sports suspension mode as I find comfort too floaty and air likely to be worse again. You could always spend the money saved on air on upgrading to a nice set of 21" Sports Classic wheels in whichever finish you fancy. They look great and are so easy to clean, the 20" Spyders are a nightmare to clean apparently.

Final point then is very personal and its that I would change the colour. Agate can look very brown in certain lights and not bright enough for a GTS in my opinion. However if you do fancy grey then Volcano does look great if you can keep it clean.
BenC

Post by BenC »

Thanks for the nice welcome and the valuable feedback.

I'm going to make a few changes and post an update. I really appreciate the insight into things like Insulated glass, the suspension, the stereo etc.

In my head all I saw was: do I want it to be quieter inside, with a better ride, and a nicer sounding stereo? Yes, I do! So it's very hard to work out whether those options actually do what you think they do - judging by your feedback, they probably don't.

Re paint: I see what you're saying about Agate looking brown. I am disappointed we can't spec Graphite Blue Metallic and everyone seems to have Volcano Grey.