Where To Sell Your Macan?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

Nobleman wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:07 pm
Mike and his Macan wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:56 pm Selling privately is in my opinion the best way to save a vast amount of money, if you can put up with a few idiots!
I'd agree as a seller but the more expensive the car, the more likely people are to buy from a dealer. People pay the main dealer premium presumably because of the peace of mind, warranty etc. if something goes wrong. Not sure that always justifies the dealer mark up but fair enough.

Some people also seem to believe its better/safer to buy from indy dealers than private sellers, which is a much less sensible assumption. Private sellers may be a mixed bag but indy dealers definitely are (I've met some shockers) and often the warranties are hardly worth the proverbial paper.

An honest private seller with a properly cared for car should be the buyer's dream.
I'd agree with that. I drove my mate down to Dorset to pick up an MX5 he's bought privately. It was absolutely mint at 10 years old, one owner, garaged, tiny mileage and every receipt kept. Beautiful car, cherished. Private sales can bring up some real diamond cars with a bit of effort.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

You do get some wasters when selling private but a genuine buyer who appreciates what you are selling is a dream.

I recently sold my wife's Golf GTD, nearly 4 years old but absolutely immaculate with not a mark on body or wheels. Great spec as well so I had a go selling privately. Got one guy to view, picked around the car which I had fully detailed sitting immaculate in the garage. Never made any positive comment about the car but likewise could not find any fault to complain about. He said it was too expensive and offered me £1000 less than asking saying that was the best he could offer- I looked at him, said "goodbye" and nothing else and walked away from him. He got the idea and left.

Then another guy appeared, sounded keen on the phone. Looked around the car, said great things about how lovely it was and how he had been looking for a good car for months and now seeing mine he knew it had been worth the wait. Had a test drive full of chat and compliments, came back made me a offer, little bit of negotiation and we agreed a price. He was a genuine guy and an enthusiast who was delighted to have found a cherished immaculate car. I was delighted to find such a buyer as well.
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

I actually like to buy privately, you get a genuine feeling about... them/ what you are buying and how it’s neen treated, using a checklist as you look is a great idea to I think you can print them off the web. The other thing iv always used as a guide is “ Used car expert” it’s a free service that you sign up for on their page , it basically lists all the identifiable problems for any model of car, it’s a pretty worrying read though, when you read about the car you have chosen!!!

Ps... I’m selling my 640d soon 😇!
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Nobleman

Post by Nobleman »

BigPhil wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:33 pm Private sales can bring up some real diamond cars with a bit of effort.
Definitely. My dad took his 06 plate Astra for its MoT last week. It sailed through and the tester said 'so it should, its done 26,000 miles and only 1,500 in the last year, basically its as new'. So it confirmed what he was already thinking - that he should put it on Autotrader as he just doesn't use it enough. WBAC and other online valuers don't taker into account the cherished condition and the fact that its never been driven by a hooligan, and the private sale value is pegged back by its age and assumptions that it must have been through the wars over such a long life. It'll be a diamond find for someone.

Boring car though. :lol:
pj191k89
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

You not buying it off your Dad then? ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Nobleman

Post by Nobleman »

Wing Commander wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:51 am You not buying it off your Dad then? ;)
:lol:

Mildly tempting as a learner for Noblekid but if its going to be driven by a teenager without a car cleaning obsession, better that happens a long way out of my dad's sight.

And then there's that old saying - never sell a car to friends or family.
pj191k89
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

👍 :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Nobleman wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:29 am
BigPhil wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:33 pm Private sales can bring up some real diamond cars with a bit of effort.
Definitely. My dad took his 06 plate Astra for its MoT last week. It sailed through and the tester said 'so it should, its done 26,000 miles and only 1,500 in the last year, basically its as new'. So it confirmed what he was already thinking - that he should put it on Autotrader as he just doesn't use it enough. WBAC and other online valuers don't taker into account the cherished condition and the fact that its never been driven by a hooligan, and the private sale value is pegged back by its age and assumptions that it must have been through the wars over such a long life. It'll be a diamond find for someone.

Boring car though. :lol:
Boring car though. :lol: Yes, especially if it's in brown :oops: but with those miles and a sound history as long as sensibly priced it will be gone within a weekend.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Nobleman

Post by Nobleman »

MikeM wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:01 pm Yes, especially if it's in brown :oops: but with those miles and a sound history as long as sensibly priced it will be gone within a weekend.
Its silver, which looks sort of unpainted to me but better than brown.

WBAC says its worth £1700, he thinks its worth double that. There's nothing comparable in terms of model, mileage & age on PH or Autotrader, so who knows.

At least with Macans there are plenty of benchmark cars, although in 10 years time what will a cherished Macan with 26k on the clock be worth - probably only incrementally more than a clean one with average miles? That's assuming it hasn't been taxed out of existence.
pj191k89
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

An 06 Astra isn't worth north of 3k I'm afraid no matter what miles or condition are. I have been looking at 2013 cars for a friend which is at least two generations newer than the 06 car and they are selling in dealers for 5k upwards.