Macan SD for Sale

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Nosmo wrote:Gorgeous. If only Porsche did colours..... Enjoy
Thanks Nosmo. I love the red, but apparently it’s one of those colours that looks amazing when clean and a dirty red when not jet clean. Probably a bit like Carmine. Just agreed to pick it up next Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

It will be an exciting weekend, Hawkeye! And coincides with when your new car's scarlet cousins will be launching their F1 campaign for 2018! 🏁 🇮🇹 🏎
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Only 6 more sleeps :D :D
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Hawkeye. To keep you going until Saturday there is a good long term write up of the Giulia Q.V. in today’s Autocar. In summary “I wouldn’t look anywhere else if I were in the market for a new super saloon”.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

mark-yorkshire wrote:Hawkeye. To keep you going until Saturday there is a good long term write up of the Giulia Q.V. in today’s Autocar. In summary “I wouldn’t look anywhere else if I were in the market for a new super saloon”.
Thanks Mark, will definitely look at that. My sister subscribed me to Autocar magazine for my Christmas present, so should be on the mat when I get home!

Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

+1. Sounds like a great recommendation from Autocar! :)
Simon

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Collected the Giulia Quadrifoglio yesterday and have driven about 130 miles in it since. Combination of motorway, A&B roads and city traffic.

First impressions ......

It looks beautiful in the flesh and attracts a lot of admirers. Have already had 3 people stop me to ask what it is etc. It seems to be very friendly attention too rather than the haters that some brands seem to attract.

The person who owned it first had clearly not read the thread on here about the two bucket method! Lots of fine swirls and fine scratches in the top lacquer coat of the tri-coat paintwork. Was not planning to get it detailed, but will definitely now have those polished out and probably have it ceramic coated after all. The paintwork is too special to not be admired at full potential.

From cold and moving away at low speed, lots of groaning, creaking and skipping of the front tyres (Pirelli P Zero Corsas all round). I’d experienced this on test drive so knew to expect it. Settles down once tyres are warm. At slow manoeuvring speed, it’s better driven in Advanced Efficiency (3 cylinders shut off) mode as with 500bhp+ it is very eager to go all the time and otherwise a little jerky.

To drive, it is simply phenomenal! Blistering acceleration, fast and direct steering, perfect balance and an amazing sound track from the exhaust. In natural mode it’s quite easy going and compliant and in dynamic and race, quite an animal. The Ferrari style bumpy road button helps to loosen off the dampers in the more aggressive modes.

Build quality inside actually seems very good, although not close to Porsche standards. What has surprised me is the tech which is very good. Blind spot monitoring, collision avoidance, adaptative cruise etc. The infotainment is very intuitive but screen resolution could be a little better. Navigation is very good at flagging speed limits, announcing speed cameras and changing the screen colour as you approach the speed limit. All of these options and tech easily programmable.

Nice little touches you don’t expect ..... the hands/needles on the instrument dials beat twice like a heartbeat by lighting up when you get in. As you drive it you can just see glimpses of the carbon fibre under the bonnet. As you switch to race mode, it switches to an image of the car to show you current tyre and brake temperature and pressure. All little touches that give it a bit of sense of occasion.

So in summary, so far so good. I get the sense it is definitely a car you could grow to love. I hope reliability isn’t an issue but only time will tell. I have a 250 mile journey back to London on Tuesday night which ordinarily I would not be looking forward to, but already thinking about enjoying the drive home! [emoji16]

I will report back in a month or so with a bit more of an update for those interested and will certainly keep participating in the forum even though I’m no longer in the Porsche family.

VanB

Post by VanB »

Sounds like a promising start, Hawkeye. Fingers crossed you have no Gremlins!
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Paul

Post by Paul »

👍
Sounds like you’ll be enjoying it more than the SD! Do stick around and keep us updated.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Thanks for posting your first impressions, Hawkeye! So far, so good! :)

Feel free to post a few more pics. 8-)
Simon