Hazards coming on at start up

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
parkh95

Post by parkh95 »

Hello everyone

When I start up the car, every once in a while the hazard lights come on for some reason.

It happens very rarely but seems to happen more often when the wife has been using the car last.

Have looked online and in the owner’s manual but am unable to find the cause.

Anyone else experience this also?

Should I be concerned?

Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

I had this today first time in 15 months.

I took it out of the garage and washed it. Nothing I havnt done many times before.
Then started it again and hazards came on. Just turned them off and went for a 30 second drive to dry the brakes.

Not sure what it means but it has not repeated.
Did I press a button on the key at some point by accident that caused it while washing it? Possibly....

Interested to know what it means
GTS 😀
Paul

Post by Paul »

Quite possibly alarm system related - maybe you did inadvertently lock the car with the doors / boot open Kas which then threw the system at restart?
Not happened to me so I can’t help....😳
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

I think this has been talked about before on here. My car did it once and never happened again. Never found a reason or has anyone else as I remember.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

parkh95 wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:58 pm Hello everyone

When I start up the car, every once in a while the hazard lights come on for some reason.

It happens very rarely but seems to happen more often when the wife has been using the car last.

Have looked online and in the owner’s manual but am unable to find the cause.

Anyone else experience this also?

Should I be concerned?
"It happens very rarely but seems to happen more often when the wife has been using the car last" 🤔. There lies the source of the mystery 😂😂😂 sorry 😐
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

We're getting this recently, any ideas?
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070
JulesMacan

Post by JulesMacan »

I know its an old thread, but it's happened to me a couple of times lately and I think it's when the internal sensors have been activated i.e. if you leave your dog or child in the car, or someone or something has lightly touched the car on the external sensors since you last locked it.
Not sure it has anything to do with voltage because I tested my battery and it's fine. Could be one of the other thousand electrical sensors, just thought I would add my two cents in hope of solving the puzzle :)
(Ive got a 2015 Macan S with air susp and Chrono pack, in case that factors into it somehow)
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

JulesMacan wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 2:53 pm I know its an old thread, but it's happened to me a couple of times lately and I think it's when the internal sensors have been activated i.e. if you leave your dog or child in the car, or someone or something has lightly touched the car on the external sensors since you last locked it.
Not sure it has anything to do with voltage because I tested my battery and it's fine. Could be one of the other thousand electrical sensors, just thought I would add my two cents in hope of solving the puzzle :)
(Ive got a 2015 Macan S with air susp and Chrono pack, in case that factors into it somehow)
Check the manual but with Gen 1’s pressing the lock button twice disables the internal alarm sensors.

I have to do this on the odd occasion we have had to leave the dog in the car for a few minutes.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
JulesMacan

Post by JulesMacan »

Yes, i often have tbe pooch with me so discovered the double press of the button, life saver! :) cheers