surround camera image

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Sidscott

Post by Sidscott »

I have a slightly annoying issue with my surround camera image in that on start up of ignition the plan view of the car is shown with a large black shadow offset to the left of the vehicle.(this is not true shadow from the sun)
After driving for a while and checking again this shadow area disappears and the correct plan view of the vehicle is displayed.
This repeats every time I start up.
I am going to bring this up with my dealer but wondered if anyone else has had a similar problem?

Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

May be stating the obvious, but the door mirrors aren't folded when this occurs are they?
GTS \o/ - sold :(
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

I don't recall seeing that on my Macan, sometimes (5%) there was no image but on restart is would work - does restarting the car clear it up for you?
"CNTL+ALT+DEL" :lol: :lol:
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
Deleted User 1895

Post by Deleted User 1895 »

No, not had that problem. I do have a problem with the image not being centred accurately i.e. when the surround view says I'm perfectly positioned in the middle of two white lines (in a car park), I'm actually offset to one side by about 6 inches. OPC Bristol have had it back for several days to recalibrate but they say it's the best they can do.... it's meant to be an indication, not totally accurate. Shame because my 640D is 100% accurate but then it's a BMW....
Sidscott

Post by Sidscott »

None of the above but will take up with my OPC.
Thanks.
wizard

Post by wizard »

If it's a PCM3.1, its a known issue. PCM software needs updating to latest version.
Delivered May 2015

http://www.porsche-code.com/PF14VLL5
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

derekm wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:14 pm when the surround view says I'm perfectly positioned in the middle of two white lines (in a car park), I'm actually offset to one side by about 6 inches...
This is a massive flaw - and would easily make the difference between scraping your car and not. I don't have surround (and I know that those of you do have it, love it) but it sounds like it is of limited usefulness if this is the case
Cjm360

Post by Cjm360 »

I think surround camera is a must on the Macan, the door mirrors are small and more a fashion statement than a useful functional thing , and the reverse lights are poor.
I have never bothered with reverse cameras and prefer using my mirrors but I do struggle with the Macan
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

derekm wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:14 pm No, not had that problem. I do have a problem with the image not being centred accurately i.e. when the surround view says I'm perfectly positioned in the middle of two white lines (in a car park), I'm actually offset to one side by about 6 inches. OPC Bristol have had it back for several days to recalibrate but they say it's the best they can do.... it's meant to be an indication, not totally accurate. Shame because my 640D is 100% accurate but then it's a BMW....
It sounds like a calibration issue. I'd have that looked at by the dealer.

Sounds like a strange suggestion but you've checked that all your sensors and cameras are clean? I had a problem on an i8 where horse muck had flung up and covered one of the sensors and the telemetry was thrown out because one of the sensors wasn't contributing readings correctly.
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

What’s strange is that the image of the white lines at the side will be coming from the camera under the wing mirror which should also (just) be able to see the wheels, so it’s hard to imagine how it differs from reality? It’s the transition from one camera to another which is the really tricky bit.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8