Porsche have given me a job....

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Obebiker

Post by Obebiker »

So I get this letter from Porsche saying they are putting together a ‘high performance panel’, a select group of valued customers to basically come up with the next Porsche, that’s the way I read it anyway.

Well I think this all sounds very exciting, I’ve always thought I could come up with the perfect car. I’m thinking 500 bhp, 100mpg, 4 seats, but can change it to 2 seater when the mood suits...oh and it needs to fly because all this traffic is really getting to me. :lol:

Reminds me of an old simpsons show where Homers long last brother asks Homer to design a car for his car manufacturing business and Homer goes and bankrupts his brother for designing a car that literally does everything...

Anyone else had such a letter??

alxgb

Post by alxgb »

Obebiker wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:51 pm So I get this letter from Porsche saying they are putting together a ‘high performance panel’, a select group of valued customers to basically come up with the next Porsche, that’s the way I read it anyway.

Well I think this all sounds very exciting, I’ve always thought I could come up with the perfect car. I’m thinking 500 bhp, 100mpg, 4 seats, but can change it to 2 seater when the mood suits...oh and it needs to fly because all this traffic is really getting to me. :lol:

Reminds me of an old simpsons show where Homers long last brother asks Homer to design a car for his car manufacturing business and Homer goes and bankrupts his brother for designing a car that literally does everything...

Anyone else had such a letter??
The car was known as 'The Homer' if I recall. I have a model of it on my desk which I use as the articulation of design and requirements prioritisation failure. :D

Not had a letter but participated in a focus group a while ago. They should give you a freebie of some sort in consideration of your time.

Tell them to expand the panel of default colours while you're there! Pop up mounted laser for the Honda Jazz drivers intent on doing 25mph everywhere would also be good. :lol:
Col M

Post by Col M »

I'm only achieving 4000miles per windscreen 😣
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Paul

Post by Paul »

...you could start a whole new list of “must haves” Andy (mainly along the lines of alex’s Jazz laser😉)
Focus groups are good - a few free lunches and a goodie bag; they might even listen to you😂
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

So what you are saying is that the model of Porsche that you design will be the:-

Porsche Transformer.

Codename .... Optimus.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Obebiker

Post by Obebiker »

Oooooh, that’s a great name..😀

They were offering a few hours at PEC for my time which I thought was pretty darn good of them. I think in reality there is some sort of pre-qualification process
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Perhaps you can poll the forum first for opinions. 🤓
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Andy352

Post by Andy352 »

Dandock wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:55 pm Perhaps you can poll the forum first for opinions. 🤓
We could all arrive in a bus for the PEC session :lol:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGTU3KJ5
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Andy352 wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:38 am
Dandock wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:55 pm Perhaps you can poll the forum first for opinions. 🤓
We could all arrive in a bus for the PEC session :lol:
All for one and one for all!! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018