My Current Thinking

All your ordering information here!
SRDL

Post by SRDL »

Following on from my post on the ”Introductions” forum, here is a little more detail about what I am considering once my OPC is in a position to take an order.

It will definitely be a Macan S. If the world hadn’t changed so much in the last few years, I might well have gone for a diesel but it really has to be a petrol engine for my first Porsche anyway. That will be quite fast enough for me so I don’t need to look at a GTS or Turbo!

I have test driven an S with 21 inch wheels and air suspension and that was lovely, I have also tried an S Diesel with 19 inch and standard suspension and the ride in that was fine. I will probably compromise and go for 19 inch with PASM.

I selected “Surround View” because I Iike to keep my car in the garage and the Macan is going to be a very tight fit.

Beyond that, I am happy with what I have got listed and it keeps me within the £55k figure agreed with Mrs L. When I first told her about the Macan, she said “well get one”. I replied “that will be over £50k” thinking that would be the end of it and, to my surprise, she replied “that's OK” (must have been the Porsche name!). Anyway, we’ve since established that I said “over £50k” and not “£50k” but I’m now getting some resistance over £55k - but I’ve got time to work on her!

The Porsche Code for the current configuration is:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ6KS850
Steve
Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 (3 litre, 367bhp) - in the end I went for that rather than a Macan S - sorry!

Makanik

Post by Makanik »

Nice spec! Consider adding light comfort package and heated steering wheel.
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
Col M

Post by Col M »

Remarkable self control sir.
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
andreas

Post by andreas »

I'd ditch the coloured wheel crests and auto-dim mirrors and add light comfort pack.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Taz

Post by Taz »

You have done well; it is very tempting to go over board on the 'extras'.
So when is this ‘old enough to know better’ supposed to kick in ?

Cayenne GTS - Mar 2022
Cayenne S - Aug 2019 to Mar 2022
Macan Turbo - Feb 2018 to Aug 2019
Cayenne S - Apr 2015 to Feb 2018
Cayenne - Jul 2013 - Apr 2015
BMW R1250GS - since Dec 2021
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

For those cold winter mornings suggest the heated steering wheel is well worth the money
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

I would bling the wheels up for that special look. I have 21s and no air. I have PASM but I need to look at the buttons to see what settings I am on. Its extremely smooth on them all. I think a little road noise is a bigger implication of 21s over 19s.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
SRDL

Post by SRDL »

Thanks all for your input.

So what is the thinking about coloured wheel crests? I am really not sure whether to go colour or stick with black and white.

As for the other suggestions, I did have the light comfort package added on an earlier configuration and I don't know why I deleted that but I'm also now tempted by the heated steering wheel. I'll keep the auto dim mirrors because I have those on my Mercedes and I really miss them when I drive my wife's Mini.

As for self control - I don't know about that because some of the extra interior leather tempts me. Mrs L has been remarkably understanding so far but I am now starting to get some resistance at £55K so that limits me (for the moment!). :roll:
Steve
Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 (3 litre, 367bhp) - in the end I went for that rather than a Macan S - sorry!
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

The heated steering wheel is a low cost options and nice to have...the light comfort pack I feel is important as the inside is where you spend the time. If I’m correct you get the coloured wheel centred on 21s? I do think they finish off the car nicely, again mybe a low cost option... but stick to your guns if you’re not sure it’s easy to get carried away, I ticked a few low cost options just before lock Down and glad I did!!
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

If you do not include the light comfort and and then when your Wife flips the visor and sees nothing you will have to hold your tongue.

It is a must have for a quiet life.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags