Well that escalated quickly!

The place to discuss everything else..
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Called into to my OPC today to test drive a Cayenne S.

Whilst there I needed to sort out my invoice to get the Sports Design Pacakage removed from the figures. I also took the opportunity to fill in some further paperwork. I also asked for an update on my car (and from here this will sound like a Craig David song).....
On Friday (20th) my car was complete. On Monday my car was in Grimsby dock. Today it was on a transporter OPC bound. Tomorrow she is prepped and Friday I collect her.

1 week from completion to collection. Is this some kind of record?

I am ecstatic and can’t wait to share my pictures, providing you want to see them of course.

Thoughts on the Cayenne S:
Lovely car. Very vocal sound track. Sprightly and well balanced. Didn’t feel a big car. Ride was good (no air on 21”s) but became a little firm whilst in sport mode. No sport chrono so couldn’t comment on sport+.
Biggest gripe was stop/start. When the engine kicked back in the car started to creep forward quickly, even with my foot on the brake. It felt like I had to mash my foot into the floor to stop it pulling away. Very disconcerting at a roundabout in the OPC’s 2 day old car. Might be me not used to it and I will certainly be keeping an eye on mine for any similar traits.

Roll on Friday. :D
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Brilliant news! Looking forward to your pics! :)

P.S. On your new Cayenne, I would assign the diamond button on your steering wheel to turning off the auto stop/start! That's what I did on my Panamera 4. ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Wing Commander wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:56 pm Brilliant news! Looking forward to your pics! :)

P.S. On your new Cayenne, I would assign the diamond button on your steering wheel to turning off the auto stop/start! That's what I did on my Panamera 4. ;)
Not sure what steering wheel you have on the 911T Wing but I tried to assign my diamond button on the 911 to stop start but it doesnt seem to be an option.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Great news.

Look forward to photos :D :D :D
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Rab J wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:10 pm
Wing Commander wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:56 pm Brilliant news! Looking forward to your pics! :)

Not sure what steering wheel you have on the 911T Wing but I tried to assign my diamond button on the 911 to stop start but it doesnt seem to be an option.
Hi Rab. I did it on my Panamera. Haven't tried it on the 911T, as the feature is less of a nuisance on a manual transmission car. :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Trosley

Post by Trosley »

Absolutely fantastic news!! I expect you can guess who my first telephone call will be to tomorrow morning? Not such good news about the stop start. That's a feature I quite like, but I know many don't share my view. I have a feeling that it's just adjustment needed since the new Cayenne base model that I tried seemed totally fine in that respect. Surprising to have an S model demonstrater without Sport Chrono? Quite apart from the extra performance I thought the interior on the base model looked rather naked without it. It's a big dashboard and imho just looks wrong and diminishes the sporty feel when seated at the wheel. I hope I have as good news as you tomorrow but I am not holding my breath!
Previous: Macan SD 2014
Current: Cayenne S 2018
Col M

Post by Col M »

"Roll on Friday" pun on auto stop start behaviour?
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Trosley wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm Absolutely fantastic news!! I expect you can guess who my first telephone call will be to tomorrow morning? Not such good news about the stop start. That's a feature I quite like, but I know many don't share my view. I have a feeling that it's just adjustment needed since the new Cayenne base model that I tried seemed totally fine in that respect. Surprising to have an S model demonstrater without Sport Chrono? Quite apart from the extra performance I thought the interior on the base model looked rather naked without it. It's a big dashboard and imho just looks wrong and diminishes the sporty feel when seated at the wheel. I hope I have as good news as you tomorrow but I am not holding my breath!
Agree 100%. This thing had Burmester, night vision, adaptive cruise, 18 way seats yet no sports chrono. Still, really was a lovely drive (Lurching forward whilst trying to maim or kill me excepted). The sound is impressive considering no PSE.
Interior was lovely and the big screen in the middle is like watching a HD tv.

There were two transporter loads into Newcastle OPC and even though I was told mine wasn’t due it appeared on the second one, which I passed on my way out.
I suspect I will be the first Turbo off the forecourt in Newcastle.

Interestingly the guaranteed future minimum value of my car has rocketed up since I last looked. Might be interesting for those wanting to pcp, certainly if smaller monthly payments are your thing.
Taycan Turbo S

spook

Post by spook »

smithy37 that was a faaaaaast delivery,enjoy :D

Rab J wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:10 pm
I just press the sport button and the stop / start turns off . :lol: :lol: :lol:
911 C2 Pickup 14th April 2018 :D :D
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJN1HBF2
Pensioner Petrol S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHMKHZF4 - Deposit place 11/11/14 - Pick up 09/05/16 - SOLD 30/08/17 :-(
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Thanks spook. May just do that myself!!
Taycan Turbo S