Hello and thanks

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
MyKingdomForAPorsche

Post by MyKingdomForAPorsche »

Just awaiting delivery on a new GTS which was 'in the system' and close to our desired spec -- largely informed by an extended test drive, and, of course, this excellent forum. Thanks to you all.

I have owned several 911s, currently a 991.1 Turbo S cab.

Porsche is a bad habit!
2018 Macan GTS in Volcano Grey
2014 911 Turbo S cab in Agate Grey

Rigger

Post by Rigger »

Congrats on the purchase.

But it’s no good posting that you have bought a car on this forum without telling people what options it has as that is no fun at all. Far better to let us know the options so we can tell you what you should have added/deleted....... albeit yours was already locked down when the purchase was agreed so that takes away the fun too :D :D :D

Is the Macan a second vehicle to complement the 991? It’s going to feel a tad pedestrian after a 991 Turbo S......... :D
2017 - Macan GTS ~ now sold
2007 - 997.1 Turbo (Manual)
2021 - GR Yaris
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

MyKingdomForAPorsche wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 6:05 pm Just awaiting delivery on a new GTS which was 'in the system' and close to our desired spec -- largely informed by an extended test drive, and, of course, this excellent forum. Thanks to you all.

Porsche is a bad habit!
Welcome to our friendly forum. :)

Porsches are definitely addictive! My first (2016) was a 2.0 Macan. Last month I took delivery of a new Carrera T! :lol:

We look forward to hearing (and seeing) more of your incoming GTS.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Welcome :D :D :D

Remember to post some photos
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

A warm welcome KFAP!

Do let's us know the colour and spec of you incoming GTS. Also the Forums members will be happy to answer any Macan related questions that you may have.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Yep happy owner here😊
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
MyKingdomForAPorsche

Rigger wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 7:13 pm Congrats on the purchase.

But it’s no good posting that you have bought a car on this forum without telling people what options it has as that is no fun at all. Far better to let us know the options so we can tell you what you should have added/deleted....... albeit yours was already locked down when the purchase was agreed so that takes away the fun too :D :D :D

Is the Macan a second vehicle to complement the 991? It’s going to feel a tad pedestrian after a 991 Turbo S......... :D
Yes they will both be part of the family. Unless cashflow requires sale of the toy! You never know!
MyKingdomForAPorsche

Rigger wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 7:13 pm Congrats on the purchase.

And sorry about the options fun! Can I share when I know the car is on its way to me? I don't want to jinx it! I will say this: it has PTV which I am used to on my 911s but I can't imagine running a corner that close to the 'edge' in an SUV. I wouldn't have specced it. And I wonder if I'll ever be able to report back on detecting it in action.

Mind you, if I'm really honest, I'm not sure I ever really know which piece of kit is keeping me on track in the 911 either.
MyKingdomForAPorsche

Wing Commander wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 7:31 pm
MyKingdomForAPorsche wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 6:05 pm Just awaiting delivery on a new GTS which was 'in the system' and close to our desired spec -- largely informed by an extended test drive, and, of course, this excellent forum. Thanks to you all.

Porsche is a bad habit!
Welcome to our friendly forum. :)

Porsches are definitely addictive! My first (2016) was a 2.0 Macan. Last month I took delivery of a new Carrera T! :lol:

We look forward to hearing (and seeing) more of your incoming GTS.
Congrats on the T! How is it?
The P bug never goes away. I've been hooked on 911s since the late 90s. You know what they say - the typical 911 is buyer is.. already driving a 911.

But I'm happy to be exploring Porsche's more practical options too. On our test drive of the Macan, we had a horrible trip home in horrendous traffic, rain, etc, after a tiring weekend. After all that, I would normally feel shattered. But after the Macan, I was full of energy. Quite remarkable -- and that's what convinced me.
MyKingdomForAPorsche

ScotMac wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 7:52 pm Welcome :D :D :D

Remember to post some photos
Thanks. I will.