Silverstone

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Radas.Rob

Post by Radas.Rob »

Has anybody had an invite to a demo day at Silverstone next month, I received mine from Bolton last week.
Booked myself in and looking forward to itπŸ˜€

MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

I've got about 4 from Bolton I haven't used yet!
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Do ring up the PEC and discuss what the day involves.

Sat in the lecture room for 3/4 hour listening to cr4p being said about human performances and half the time was on the race driver training programme which was a total waste of time

I drove a 718 on the skid pan

A Panamera on the ice hill

Sat in for an off road demo in a Cayenne

Blasted around the circuit in a Macan Turbo PP

Blasted around the circuit in a C4GTS

So I was not to happy that I did not get chance to drive three models around the circuits.

I would not go on a demo day if it was of the same format
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Radas.Rob wrote: ↑Wed May 16, 2018 6:39 pm Has anybody had an invite to a demo day at Silverstone next month, I received mine from Bolton last week.
Booked myself in and looking forward to itπŸ˜€
BTW
If it is in the week before and after the F1 Grand Prix weekend, I would certainly pass.

There is too much activity around the track preparing and dismanting all the kit and it is very disruptive to the PEC operations.

The low friction circuit and the acceleration straights are taken over for the GP activities hence you are very unlikely to get on them.

So everyone is crammed into 1/2 the PEC hence probably why what they let you do is limited.

It also took us 1 hour to get through Security.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags