Porsche order books temporarily closed amid WLTP changes

All your ordering information here!
jk88

Post by jk88 »

Macan GTS - Mar 17 to Jan 23
Macan SD - Apr 16 to Mar 17

Guy

Post by Guy »

The last paragraph of the article is interesting: There could be some bargain 'pre-WLTP' cars available from OPCs just after the new regulation comes into effect! Of course there may be punitive road-tax implications, but we'll see.
happy days

Post by happy days »

Or a lot of scrapped new models!
Macan S D
718 S
Paul

Post by Paul »

Or lots of cars with engines that actually perform, before the new era of restricted WLTP motors comes in😉
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Guy

Post by Guy »

^ But as long as 'Comfort Mode' is WLTP compliant, there's scope to exploit the Sport and Sport-Plus buttons? Just needs some clever software ... :roll:
happy days

Post by happy days »

Guy wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 9:10 am ^ But as long as 'Comfort Mode' is WLTP compliant, there's scope to exploit the Sport and Sport-Plus buttons? Just needs some clever software ... :roll:
Isn't that what WLTP compliance is all about?
Macan S D
718 S
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

I have a feeling Thw WLTA will be testing the cars in all modes... comfort,sport, sports plus+...and with different options fitted, like heavy sun roofs! 🙄
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Guy

Post by Guy »

Yes. I bet the 'racechip', 'superchip' etc companies are rubbing their hands together in anticipation of new customers!
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

And possibly the manufacturers ... with warranty claims being rejected due to manipulation! The thing that gets me is England is being taken to court by the European government for failing to meet standards , this cost/ fine will no doubt be sent to us ! Yet no word as for prosecution for the manufacturers who have no doubt have contributed to pollution ,by our government. “ To big to bring down “ springs to mind . However I’m enjoying my GTS whilst safe in the knowledge I’m not killing monkeys or children, and benefiting from a better sun tan ( sorry polar bear) due to a thinner ozone.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Mike and his Macan wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 2:11 pm And possibly the manufacturers ... with warranty claims being rejected due to manipulation! The thing that gets me is England is being taken to court by the European government for failing to meet standards , this cost/ fine will no doubt be sent to us ! Yet no word as for prosecution for the manufacturers who have no doubt have contributed to pollution ,by our government. “ To big to bring down “ springs to mind . However I’m enjoying my GTS whilst safe in the knowledge I’m not killing monkeys or children, and benefiting from a better sun tan ( sorry polar bear) due to a thinner ozone.
France, Germany and Italy are also being served - the other three great manufacturing centres.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀