Sport Plus Retrofit MY2017

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Taz

Post by Taz »

At the risk of being seen as totally stupid (ok, you don’t have to agree so quickly), what does retro fitted SC actually give? I would like to know as it may be something I would consider in my Macan Turbo.
So when is this ‘old enough to know better’ supposed to kick in ?

Cayenne GTS - Mar 2022
Cayenne S - Aug 2019 to Mar 2022
Macan Turbo - Feb 2018 to Aug 2019
Cayenne S - Apr 2015 to Feb 2018
Cayenne - Jul 2013 - Apr 2015
BMW R1250GS - since Dec 2021

Paul

Post by Paul »

Taz wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 9:31 pm At the risk of being seen as totally stupid (ok, you don’t have to agree so quickly), what does retro fitted SC actually give? I would like to know as it may be something I would consider in my Macan Turbo.
Give you most of the factory fit option apart from the clock on the dash (and the slightly lower rpm in launch control as pointed out above)
ie, really, really shortened throttle travel, harder gear changes, remapping of change parameters so the car feels alot more agressive.......but no more power☹️
Sport plus is to sport what sport is to comfort (if that makes sense?)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Paul wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 10:57 pm
Taz wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 9:31 pm At the risk of being seen as totally stupid (ok, you don’t have to agree so quickly), what does retro fitted SC actually give? I would like to know as it may be something I would consider in my Macan Turbo.
Give you most of the factory fit option apart from the clock on the dash (and the slightly lower rpm in launch control as pointed out above)
ie, really, really shortened throttle travel, harder gear changes, remapping of change parameters so the car feels alot more agressive.......but no more power☹️
Sport plus is to sport what sport is to comfort (if that makes sense?)
You also get extra PCM modes for telemetry recording and display, which means if you make 14 trips to Tescos in one journey, you can see which is your fastest lap on the map, and export the data on SD card.
Although you don't get the physical stopwatch clock thingy on the dashboard, you do get the 'chrono' stopwatch feature on the MFD (little screen to the right on the instrument cluster).
Taz

Post by Taz »

Sounds good, thank you.
So when is this ‘old enough to know better’ supposed to kick in ?

Cayenne GTS - Mar 2022
Cayenne S - Aug 2019 to Mar 2022
Macan Turbo - Feb 2018 to Aug 2019
Cayenne S - Apr 2015 to Feb 2018
Cayenne - Jul 2013 - Apr 2015
BMW R1250GS - since Dec 2021
Greddyuk

Post by Greddyuk »

Just to let you know - i have sussed out the launch control - i confirm that it does work! Need to slam down on brake and immediately slam down on accelerator - Launch control pops out - took me 2-3 tries - as i werent quick enough at first.

Paul is correct - the throttle only gets to 3500-4000rpm - rather than 5000rpm. But the launch and effect is still good.
There is a Chronos on the PCM and also on the MFD - which i think is the same as the stopwatch.

However - the reason i opted for Sports Plus to be retrofitted - was not because i want to Launch Control at every red light... but mainly it was a much responsive and better ride than sports mode. Sports mode lowers the gear by 1 when kicked down. Sports plus lowers the gears by 2. and i feel is much responsive on the PDK.
Gen 1 Macan Turbo in Carrera White
Air, 21” wheels ACC Pano SurCam 18w LEDs PS+, Int Light Pack
Heated Seats and Steering, Spare wheel, SC, Heat&Noise insulated
Ext Leather, Sports+ Bose+TV tuner
Std Turbo exhaust, E&Drive, Sports Design Package
Radas.Rob

Post by Radas.Rob »

Had it retrofitted on my SD paid £600.00
Used it twice 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
JKNHants

Post by JKNHants »

Also had it retrofitted on my MY17 last year at just over £600. Useful for overtakes and Yorkshire vales as the lazy man's paddle substitute. It may be some years before I get to use all the facilities the car offers although Scotland promises some amusing moments later this year. Ours now 2 years old and as thrilling as the day I took delivery.
Petrol S delivered Apr 16
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Greddyuk wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 6:05 pm Just to let you know - i have sussed out the launch control - i confirm that it does work! Need to slam down on brake and immediately slam down on accelerator - Launch control pops out - took me 2-3 tries - as i werent quick enough at first.

Paul is correct - the throttle only gets to 3500-4000rpm - rather than 5000rpm. But the launch and effect is still good.
There is a Chronos on the PCM and also on the MFD - which i think is the same as the stopwatch.

However - the reason i opted for Sports Plus to be retrofitted - was not because i want to Launch Control at every red light... but mainly it was a much responsive and better ride than sports mode. Sports mode lowers the gear by 1 when kicked down. Sports plus lowers the gears by 2. and i feel is much responsive on the PDK.
I tried this launch Control business today at a quiet traffic light. More of a hard hold on the brake than a quick stab. Revs got quite high. Just then a fiesta came up beside me and feeling a right cock I let her take off.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Guy

Post by Guy »

^ You 'let her take off' what? :D
oldpilot

Post by oldpilot »

Hello Tom 2000

When I was introduced to Launch Control at my PEC event last summer, the instructor had me pointed down the straight with the left foot hard on the brake and the right foot hard on the loud pedal. At the appropriate moment I was ordered to let go the brake - and we launched...........

Being used to throwing a 747 down 12000ft of tarmac, I was well impressed (but the car didn't weigh 400 tonnes). All in all an interesting experience, but I didn't specify Launch Control on my new Macan.