Diesel recall

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
stick

Post by stick »

BBC reporting Porsche to recall 60,000 diesel Macan's and Cayenne's in Germany because of "cheating" software

'Porsche to recall 60,000 diesel SUVs'

Porsche has been asked by Germany's KBA motoring regulator to recall around 60,000 diesel-engined Macan and Cayenne sport-utility vehicles.

German publication Der Spiegel claimed the two models were fitted with more so-called "defeat devices" capable of reducing emissions in laboratory tests.

Porsche, sister company of scandal-hit Volkswagen, was not immediately available for comment.

Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Was only a matter of time.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Germany now free to ban pre Euro 6 diesels. Well, that’s how Germany is going to tackle it.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-germa ... KKCN1IJ1W7
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Hats off to Germany.

Our Government should follow suit.

Only radical moves can help to lower the high pollution levels in our Cities and Towns.

Certainly central London last year was way better than 15 years ago when I last worked there, but there was still the smell and taste in the air of exhaust fumes.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
John_M

Post by John_M »

Col Lamb wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:21 pm Hats off to Germany.

Only radical moves can help to lower the high pollution levels in our Cities and Towns.

Certainly central London last year was way better than 15 years ago when I last worked there, but there was still the smell and taste in the air of exhaust fumes.
Radical moves - stop thinking of public transport as something that needs to be self supporting and start making it cheaper than an economical car to use and make sure it is something people are happy to use not just when only choice.
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

I would not bee surprised if petrol engines end up with .... the same ending, especially after the WLTA result in September, I’m trying to see a positive outcome but am thinking the clouds are starting to build, hopefully there will be solutions in technology possibly ( like said on another thread) from F1 technology, personally I think F1 was used as a testing ground for the future ,and manufacturers new this was coming a long while back. I often think about the Top gear episode that had clarkson driving the Aston Martin vantage v12 and reflecting on the future of the car .... but he has since reflected that mybe he got it wrong ....I hope he is right.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

John_M wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:53 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:21 pm Hats off to Germany.

Radical moves - stop thinking of public transport as something that needs to be self supporting and start making it cheaper than an economical car to use and make sure it is something people are happy to use not just when only choice.
Spot on.

But unfortunately public transport only works efficiently in parts or for specific journeys irrespective of the cost.

London, flat to office by bike 15 minutes of life threatening travel, using Tube 45 minutes.

My car commute to the office in Manchester City Centre used to take 75 minutes including a 10 minute walk from car park to office, conversely bus and train and walk was 125 minutes.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

I though that London polution was now so bad because the level of old diesel fueled public transport increasing to compensate for fewer cars. But apparently not https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... nvironment. put out your wood stoves now :o
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Ferdie wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 6:35 pm I though that London polution was now so bad because the level of old diesel fueled public transport increasing to compensate for fewer cars. But apparently not https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... nvironment. put out your wood stoves now :o
New day, new stats, new debate.
John_M

Post by John_M »

Col Lamb wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 5:26 pm But unfortunately public transport only works efficiently in parts or for specific journeys irrespective of the cost.

London, flat to office by bike 15 minutes of life threatening travel, using Tube 45 minutes.

My car commute to the office in Manchester City Centre used to take 75 minutes including a 10 minute walk from car park to office, conversely bus and train and walk was 125 minutes.
I have similar - can get to office by car, normally approx. 30/40 mins depending on traffic, or walk to station, take train and works shuttle bus/walk total about 60/70 mins, now actually I'd consider doing it but train costs about the same as the fuel and that is in an SD Macan so no real incentive to take more inconvenient option, what would it be for someone with more economical car?