2 hours cleaning today

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Washed and dried the GTS last so today spent another 2 hours cleaning it. And what did I do today for my 2 hours, cleaned only the 4 wheels lol.

Two coats of polish and then a sealant coat. Bit surprised it took so long as they are 21" gloss black classics so pretty easy to clean but they do look great now.

Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

I keep meaning to do that. However today it was a quick wash and about 2 minutes on each wheel. Followed by shopping with the missus and a burger in James Street South.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Yes it's something I have been wanting to do for a while. Best watching the Royal Wedding anyway!

Need to start a big job on the paintwork soon and try put my new DAS6 Pro polisher. Needs done with tar remover and fallout remover first then a run over with the clay bar. Then ready for a polish coat or two followed by some wax on top. That should take up a good few hours some other day or week lol.
mcnallys

Post by mcnallys »

my plan is this week to do do the same, waiting for some new local detailing kit! GTS was used to buy some plants and then had a beer with neighbour who is more or afar feat than me.

Cutters wharf was very busy, are you fells planning 9th june @ porsche belfast?
2016 Macan GTS - Volcano Grey and a few extras (SOLD)
2020 992s - Crayon and a few extra, extras
2022 Land Rover Defender 110 D300 HSE X-Dynamic Black, 7 seats and a load of extras

992s Code - http://www.porsche-code.com/PLXDLWK3
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

mcnallys wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 10:52 pm my plan is this week to do do the same, waiting for some new local detailing kit! GTS was used to buy some plants and then had a beer with neighbour who is more or afar feat than me.

Cutters wharf was very busy, are you fells planning 9th june @ porsche belfast?
I am planning to go. Any recommendations for removing squashed flies from bonnet?
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

What new local detailing kit are you waiting for Si? I have tried stuff from a couple of N Ireland manufactures. Orchard and just this week got some stuff from Anachem.
happy days

Post by happy days »

MCDK wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 12:18 pm What new local detailing kit are you waiting for Si? I have tried stuff from a couple of N Ireland manufactures. Orchard and just this week got some stuff from Anachem.
I used to be Anachem's accountant!
Macan S D
718 S
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Did you get plenty of Anachem freebies then???

I have got a few of their products recently and have not been that excited to be honest. Products are ok but not among the best I have used from other suppliers and the delivery/customer service has been pretty poor. Took 3 weeks to fulfill a pretty simple order between damaged goods and incomplete orders being received.
happy days

Post by happy days »

MCDK wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:04 pm Did you get plenty of Anachem freebies then???

I have got a few of their products recently and have not been that excited to be honest. Products are ok but not among the best I have used from other suppliers and the delivery/customer service has been pretty poor. Took 3 weeks to fulfill a pretty simple order between damaged goods and incomplete orders being received.
Not a thing!
Macan S D
718 S
TD444

Post by TD444 »

Thought one of you guys had ceramic coating applied? I know David you have PPF...

I did both - PPF down both lower sides and ceramic coated the entire car - it is a massive improvement for me, nothing sticks to it....

no tar, no dead fly remains, a quick hose and a lot of the work is done....
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHN2UAS9
Order Date 16 Nov - Expected delivery ~April / May 2016
Collected Tue 3rd May