Turbo PP Or GTS

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
sparkmacan

Post by sparkmacan »

Just looking for views & comments please,
Would you purchase a GTS over a Turbo PP ?
Looking at both at the moment,
Many thanks
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPZWUIJ5 Waiting patiently

Previous Macan SD 65 & GTS 66

Bogus

Post by Bogus »

I am picking up my Turbo PP today. So I guess I am biased and will say go for the Turbo PP.

It depends I guess on budget primarily. I could stretch my budget and hence went for the Turbo. Better brakes and lowered suspension along with increased power were my reasons.
I also managed to found a really well species Turbo PP.
And finally it was the last of the Macan models so will be last to be replaced..

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Macan Turbo PP - Collected June 2018
LED PDLS, Pano, Air Susp, ACC, Entry & Drive, 21" Turbo 2 wheels, LDW, Heated front & rear seats, Turbo Interior Packagae, PSE
Panamera 4S (970.2) - Sold May 2018
911 C4S (991.1) - Sold May 2017
sparkmacan

Post by sparkmacan »

Good point there Bogus,
Thanks for your reply, did you try both?
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPZWUIJ5 Waiting patiently

Previous Macan SD 65 & GTS 66
eakae

Post by eakae »

By the time I spec’d the GTS I was approaching the price of a PP so I took that option. However, many on here say the GTS is the sweet spot in the range...
Current: Defender V8 CE
Sold: Macan Turbo PP
Back to OPC: Cayenne
Back to OPC: Macan Turbo
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

The GTS lost its sweet spot to the TPP

Think of the T PP as a GTS on steroids, it is the pick of the range.

Mind you I would still have my Turbo over an GTS, it does not matter if the GTS handles better, its hardly going to be used to the full, but the Turbo engine is stunning.

Try a Turbo, you will be surprized.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

You are just going to get model owners comment saying their choice is the best. Heck we may even get someone come on and say the pick of the range is a diesel lol.

I have a GTS, when I bought it the PP
was not out. If I had the budget and was buying now I would likely prefer a PP but it’s a bit more cash which is a major factor too.

If you have the money go PP and if not
then slum it in a GTS lol.
Bogus

Post by Bogus »

sparkmacan wrote:Good point there Bogus,
Thanks for your reply, did you try both?
Yes, started with a diesel. Then test drive a S, GTS and then bought a Turbo PP. I only test drive the first 3. Bought the PP without a test drive.. Just going through set up now. Will post pictures and first impressions later..

The roar at the Start up was enough to justify the decision..

LED PDLS, Pano, Air Susp, ACC, Entry & Drive, 21" Turbo 2 wheels, LDW, Heated front & rear seats, Turbo Interior Packagae, PSE
eakae

Post by eakae »

Bogus wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:41 am
Bogus wrote:
The roar at the Start up was enough to justify the decision..
You hoodlum! 😂
Current: Defender V8 CE
Sold: Macan Turbo PP
Back to OPC: Cayenne
Back to OPC: Macan Turbo
antsjey

Post by antsjey »

There's no doubt that they are both cracking cars, I have a PP and my friends have a GTS, money no object the PP wins hands down. Obviously money does come into it so that plays a part in most people's decisions. The GTS is the sweet spot in the Macan range just as it is in the 911 range. I'd not be unhappy if I had a Macan GTS as it's a great drive, I just wanted pure horse power to satisfy my urges! :)
Bogus

Post by Bogus »

antsjey wrote:There's no doubt that they are both cracking cars, I have a PP and my friends have a GTS, money no object the PP wins hands down. Obviously money does come into it so that plays a part in most people's decisions. The GTS is the sweet spot in the Macan range just as it is in the 911 range. I'd not be unhappy if I had a Macan GTS as it's a great drive, I just wanted pure horse power to satisfy my urges! :)
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]