How to use Waze in your Macan (Sort of)

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Guy wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:30 am I just wanted to highlight again that the Waze 'play as Bluetooth phone call' sound output works really well in the Macan. I also tried it out in my daughter's Astra, but the problem there was that the audio didn't kick I fast enough, hence the first second or so of the Waze 'announcement' was clipped each time. No such problems in my Macan - the whole message is broadcast each time. This has now become my default setup.

(One disclaimer: I am using PCM3.1, so I can't speak for PCM4 and its Bluetooth phone call response time!)
I tried that and the audio works very well indeed (the latest PCM4 software) as a received phone call from myself. :lol:
But each time "she" began to give instructions, the PCM display switched to the "phone call" screen and I had to push the Map button to go back to maps. Perhaps there is a setting somewhere to stop that.
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0

eakae

Post by eakae »

At Apple’s WWDC earlier this week it was announced that when iOS 12 is released in the autumn it will allow third parties to develop apps for CarPlay. This means both Waze and Google Maps could be fully functional through CarPlay. Of course the assumption here is that Waze will make the relevant update enabling its app to be used through CarPlay.
Current: Defender V8 CE
Sold: Macan Turbo PP
Back to OPC: Cayenne
Back to OPC: Macan Turbo
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

There is a fairly recent test of Waze vs Google Maps vs Apple Maps on the internet and it’s findings were that Waze was the most optimistic on ETA, but the most wrong, with Apple Maps being the most pessimistic but pretty much spot on. Google Maps was somewhere in the middle.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Bogus

Post by Bogus »

I use waze daily and it has never let me down and is always spot on with ETA or a bit pessimistic. I live in London btw..

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Macan Turbo PP - Collected June 2018
LED PDLS, Pano, Air Susp, ACC, Entry & Drive, 21" Turbo 2 wheels, LDW, Heated front & rear seats, Turbo Interior Packagae, PSE
Panamera 4S (970.2) - Sold May 2018
911 C4S (991.1) - Sold May 2017
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

Love Waze in London. Outside of London though this is where I found myself today. If conditions had been swampy or icy may have fallen out of love! Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )