Gts spiders

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Scooby

Post by Scooby »

Anyone had any experince of air vacs to point me in the right direction of which onebto purchase

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

I think by 'vac' people mean 'blower'. I use a leaf blower, which is quite effective but noisy. Ultimate Finish sell the BigBoi blowers which I think one or two on here use. http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/touc ... ryers.aspx
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Wouldn’t use a leaf blower as it just blows all the dust in your garage onto the car.

I use an Aeolus 901 dog dryer. Very powerful and it comes with a couple of nozzles that focus the air where you want it. Adjustable air speed up to very powerful and you can switch heat off or on. Great for blowing out cracks and crevices and drying around the wheels. Could dry the whole car if it’s well waxed but would take a while.

Mine was just over £100 from memory. There are other cheaper generic dog driers in Ebay and Amazon for half the price, plenty of people give them good reviews.

Metro vac also make good machines. They have a small hand held machine which is maybe £80 ish. Good enough for just wheels or cracks and then They have a master blaster for about £200 which is more comparable to my Aeolus machine.

Any of the above make a great addition to your garage kit.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

I use the leaf blower outside so no debris blown onto the car. I use it mainly to blow water out of crevices like around the mirrors and lights but particularly the wheels, discs and callipers.

Do the blowers you mention have a nozzle long enough and the right shape to get into the area around the discs?

Is your dog blown away by the results? :lol:
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

My dog hates the dryer lol he exits the garage as soon as he sees me bring it out. Quite loud especially around the wheels so maybe he doesn’t like that.

Mine comes with a long flexi hose and a couple of nozzles that let me get to wherever I need.
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Scooby wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:52 am The matt black wheels are really doing my head in
They were coated as part of detailing but evertime i clean them they look awful
My question is
Has anyone had there wheels painted gloss and are they easier to keep clean
The coating should help but it depends how long and how many washes since as it doesn't last. Modern wheel finishes are powder coated on, Gloss is not Matt with lacquer over, remember the earlier alloys with bubbling peeling white powder corrosion 🤔 That was the lacquer lifting and allowing water in. A full set powder coated in almost any colour you can come up with is app £500. If you can get the wheels cleaned up to your satisfaction you can reapply sealant. I use Chemical Guys Jet seal and best if you can invest in a water filter and still hand dry with a small micro fibre towel. The wheel below is my RV8's three piece split rim, the centre is powder coated Porsche Himalaya Grey, the drum is pc Gloss black and the rim is machine polished aluminium. All coated in Jet Seal, just apply with a sponge or MF applicator, leave for 20 minutes to bond and buff off

IMG_0247.JPG

Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Another tip after washing is open the boot up, on the Macan ... it appears to be a complete water trap as I have found out!! It’s now part of my regime.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
andreas

Post by andreas »

Mike and his Macan wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:33 am Another tip after washing is open the boot up, on the Macan ... it appears to be a complete water trap as I have found out!! It’s now part of my regime.
Yes! Masses of water collects in the tailgate!
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)