Tracker activated disabling car...

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
bilun777

Post by bilun777 »

On Saturday,just before the England match,I popped into local Garage for a Newspaper.
It was a very hot day so I left the engine running with Air con on (wife and 2 dogs in the car.)
When I returned to the car the engine had stopped.
It wouldn't restart and I saw a momentary Gearbox failure warning.
AA breakdown / Recovery were excellent and after a couple of hours off it went to AA storage.
The car eventually turned up at my OPC on tuesday and I collected it again on thursday "Fixed."
The technician said the Tracker had disabled the car but all was now well and shouldn't happen again.
They'd never seen anything like it before ...(The tracker was never activated from new as it was not a requirement by my Insurers.)
The Macan now has the dubious honour of being the most unreliable new car I've ever owned...( 15 BMWs ,Mercs and Skodas over the last 20 years or so.)
Fortunately we weren't on our way to the Airport at the time to catch a flight.... :(
Sapphire blue SD,Luxor Beige,Delivered Nov 16.

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Glad you got it fixed, although unlucky to have such rare failure by the sound of it.

AA rather than Porsche Assist?
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
bilun777

Post by bilun777 »

Do porsche assist have their own people?
We just rang the porsche number and fortunately a nice AA man was a few miles away.
We were told it could be 2 hours. ( Hot saturday teatime on world cup football day !)
Fortunately my son was driving past on his way from work and " re-homed my wife and dogs."
Sapphire blue SD,Luxor Beige,Delivered Nov 16.
Spud

Post by Spud »

bilun777 wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:55 am Do porsche assist have their own people?
We just rang the porsche number and fortunately a nice AA man was a few miles away.
We were told it could be 2 hours. ( Hot saturday teatime on world cup football day !)
Fortunately my son was driving past on his way from work and " re-homed my wife and dogs."
Nope it’s normally the AA, When I had my first Macan and had to use the Assist I was very surprised as I had been used to the Jag man, but need not have been concerned as the AA man was excellent, had to use them twice and can’t speak highly enough of their service
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

bilun777 wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:55 am Do porsche assist have their own people?
Ah thanks, didn't realise you had gone through the PA number. Useful to know.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
RAA

Post by RAA »

I'm a Macan S wannabe (never had a Porsche before, but ordered a new, facelifted S back in February).

I've been a member of the AA for several years now (with my previous Merc 320 CDi Estate and my current Mazda CX-5). Is Porsche Assist free, or an option ? If it's free, once the new Macan arrives, I suppose there will be no point continuing with my separate AA membership (?)

Bob
Paul

Post by Paul »

Porsche assist is included as part of the 3 yr warranty package
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465