Driving in Europe

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

I would vouch for an up to date SATNAV, a thorough understanding of road signage and an appreciation of hand gestures. All help a lot when one finally realises one is headed the wrong way up a 3 lane road directly into oncoming traffic! :shock: Thought it looked too empty for an Italian road! :lol:

happy days

Post by happy days »

Doesn't the above graphic say 'Converting Halogen Headlights...'?
Macan S D
718 S
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Dartmoor wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:06 pm I have seen a number of threads that imply that no adjustment is necessary as lights don't "dip left", not sure I completely understand this advice.

Dealer appears reluctant to give any advice short of bringing the car in and a technician will look at it?
No adjustment is necessary ONLY if your car has Bi-Xenon headlights WITHOUT the PDSL, extract from the Good To Know app says:

"Bi-Xenon headlights without dynamic cornering light (PDLS/PDLS Plus) cannot be converted for left or right-hand traffic.
The light distribution of this headlight type is homogeneous on both sides of the road, which prevents dazzling of the oncoming traffic."
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Dartmoor wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:06 pm Useful App by the look of it thanks didn't know it existed!
However I cant find any reference to converting halogen lights.
Herewith two screenshots from the Good To Know iOS app that cover HALOGEN conversion, if you are brave. :lol:
If you have an Apple phone / iPad it’s worth downloading as you can zoom on the drawings.

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-08 at 14.29.23.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-08 at 14.29.24.jpeg

Our stable:
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Dartmoor

Post by Dartmoor »

Many thanks for your help

I have found it now. I think I had downloaded the incorrect model in the App.

Bit of a faff though removing the headlights, but it is an answer.

Anyone have experience of removing lights, is it as simple as the instructions, don't want to get stuck in France with no lights?

Should have taken the upgrade option in the first place!
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Dartmoor wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:28 pm Many thanks for your help

I have found it now. I think I had downloaded the incorrect model in the App.

Bit of a faff though removing the headlights, but it is an answer.

Anyone have experience of removing lights, is it as simple as the instructions, don't want to get stuck in France with no lights?

Should have taken the upgrade option in the first place!
How far in UK do you have to drive to the ferry / tunnel? If it is in daylight I would convert the headlights at home. That's what I used to do.
But if you will be driving in the dark to the crossing point, then I suppose you can't do that.
Our stable:
VanB

Post by VanB »

To be fair it doesn't actually look that difficult and is probably only a 5-minute job which could easily be done on the crossing and, if not then, possibly when you stop for a coffee somewhere. Had a similar faff on an old BMW of mine and, once done once, was really simple
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Dartmoor

Post by Dartmoor »

Hopefully get to Plymouth by dusk, so as suggested practice at home sounds like the solution.

Many thanks
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Just change over at home before you leave. The change, I believe, allows symmetrical dipping which should not affect traffic here. It may reduce your illumination on unlit roads.
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Dartmoor

Post by Dartmoor »

Do you mean changing to LH traffic sets the lights symmetrically or is there something else to do?