Sat Nav Frustrations...

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:32 am My first Sat Nav, AKA my Wife was map reader and Navigator.

Favourite phrase ...... we should have taken the turning on the right 5 miles back.
Mine too but back in the day we didn’t know she was dyslexic! 😳😐😂
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Well this morning I had time to kill waiting for my Wife to give blood.

Thought that I would program the SatNav with a couple of destinations for an upcoming journey north of the border.

Duly done, turned off ignition, locked car, opened car, turned on ignition, tried to select first save point as destination, zilch.

I hate the VW groups rendition of a SatNav.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:29 am Well this morning I had time to kill waiting for my Wife to give blood.

Thought that I would program the SatNav with a couple of destinations for an upcoming journey north of the border.

Duly done, turned off ignition, locked car, opened car, turned on ignition, tried to select first save point as destination, zilch.

I hate the VW groups rendition of a SatNav.
You must have done something wrong, Col. I stored destination on a number of occasions, thought it had lost them, only to find them in one of the 'favourites'. Cant remember which one. Both this years hol and last years i stored several as they would be required over a number of days.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

A couple of years ago I flew to Lithuania to recover a stolen vehicle and to drive it back to the UK.

In Vilnius I programmed the Sat Nav for Calais. In my mind I knew the route I would be travelling (Poland, Germany, Netherlands, France) and blindly followed the directions I was being given.

My aim was to get to Germany before taking a rest.

After about an hours drive I saw the border of Poland ahead, or so I thought, and was feeling quite pleased with the progress I had made.

My curiosity kicked in when the traffic came to a standstill and I saw armed guards bellowing "Passport, Visa" to each approaching car.

I couldn't understand why at the border of Poland they were asking to see a passport, even more so a visa given that Poland is an EU member.

When I reached the guard I pathetically waved my passport at him declaring "English".

"Visa" he demanded.
"Visa" Queried I "For Poland?"
"This is Belarus" Came his reply.

He then pointed in the direction of where Poland lay and for the next hour all the damn Sat Nav would say is "please perform a U-Turn".

I hadn't figured the Sat Nav would take me via the quickest route regardless of whether the countries were EU or not!
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver