New configuration for the macan?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Jimurphy

Post by Jimurphy »

When is the new U.K. configuration going to be introduced. The porsche web page has announced that you can purchase the facelifted model in September ?

smoothound54

Post by smoothound54 »

Hi I asked Porsche why they had links to download the new Macan brochure that actually provided a bluetooth manual - was it web-site error? and they responded as follows:-

"
I have contacted our Marketing Department and they have advised that your concern has already been raised to Porsche Germany about accessing the Macan brochure.

I have been advised that the brochure will become available once the UK Macan full model information is announced, which is yet to be confirmed at this stage.
"

I mean - why provide a non-functioning link to a non existent doc? numpties!

so remember this is Porsche, September actually means anytime from October to January! :mrgreen: also i think they will wait now until after the Ofiicial Launch at Paris Show - October 4th (ish) - cheers
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

I’d had an email from my OPC at the beginning of the week to say they expected info on Thursday. Nothing happened yesterday so I phoned them about an hour ago.

The SM told me they had been led to believe there’d be news re specs, pricing etc but it had not been forthcoming. She said they do now expect it at any time BUT that the OPCs would only find out as the same time as everyone else so keep a firm eye on Porsche.com/uk. 🤓
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

Dandock wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:25 pm I’d had an email from my OPC at the beginning of the week to say they expected info on Thursday. Nothing happened yesterday so I phoned them about an hour ago.
What are you planning to buy?
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Macananon wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:53 pm
Dandock wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:25 pm I’d had an email from my OPC at the beginning of the week to say they expected info on Thursday. Nothing happened yesterday so I phoned them about an hour ago.
Nothing certain at present - still assessing the various pros and cons. I’ve put down an initial £1K deposit - and received my PEC invite already 😜 - but not sure that I want to proceed without at least seeing the beast. Mainly though it’s just the pros and cons of swapping or keeping until the next step change be it hybrid, EV or steam!
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

That might ring true as I’m about to pull the pin on a Cayman GTS... they can’t tell me the new spec or the price rise ... lock down on Monday so am feeling twitchy.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Dandock wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:03 pm
Nothing certain at present - still assessing the various pros and cons. I’ve put down an initial £1K deposit - and received my PEC invite already 😜 - but not sure that I want to proceed without at least seeing the beast. Mainly though it’s just the pros and cons of swapping or keeping until the next step change be it hybrid, EV or steam!
Just curious...why would you pay £1k deposit on, effectively, nothing??! Are there that many people willing to fund Porsche GB, and ultimately VW, with interest free loans??! Lol! I've got to get me some of that action too!
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

GMAN75 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:57 pm
Dandock wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:03 pm

Just curious...why would you pay £1k deposit on, effectively, nothing??! Are there that many people willing to fund Porsche GB, and ultimately VW, with interest free loans??! Lol! I've got to get me some of that action too!
Potential waiting list.
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

You know you have reached the level of grandmaster poobah in business excellence when there are customers willing to park money with you, interest free and fully at risk, just to avoid a queue. If there are just 1,000 of you, I reckon that funds an entire OPC for a year...free of charge! LOL! Brilliant.
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

GMAN75 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:50 pm You know you have reached the level of grandmaster poobah in business excellence when there are customers willing to park money with you, interest free and fully at risk, just to avoid a queue. If there are just 1,000 of you, I reckon that funds an entire OPC for a year...free of charge! LOL! Brilliant.
And the interest for me on £1000 for the few months until a further £2K at point of order would be? And how much on the full £3K for maybe 3-6 months. Pennies!

It ain’t nothing like the man Musk is asking. He takes your money, builds a tent, and then changes the rules.