Broke cover... yesterday!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Happy to drive wherever. Phrase bear in mind that I've no car till the end of November :-(
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18

Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Yep... not before your car arrives 😊... having a meet on your door step is slightly cheating, unless a constant supply of tea and biscuits is on offer!
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
RAA

Post by RAA »

Semerka wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:48 pm There is Denbies vineyard on the edge of Dorking with ample parking and a restaurant / tea rooms. It is a very pretty setting.

Though it is next to us so that would make us look lazy. 😆
I can recommend Denbies Wine Estate, just north of Dorking - I've performed there several times (I play and teach the Scottish Highland pipes). I'm a Porsche owner-in-waiting (for the new Macan S) - told I should take possession in April 2019. Currently driving a Mazda CX-5.
Mike and his Macan

St Albans looks like halfway... 😊...

image.jpg

Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Bring on December...
Mike and his Macan

Saw this whilst trawling today .... apparently they meet every month ... I think the next one is near Biggleswade at a aerodrome on the 21st October... we could gate crash November’s 😏?

A6D9A68D-28C3-4FFD-9A4A-9E8EF4B8B38F.jpeg

Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

That's cool. Let's gatecrash. I wonder what reception you get. The Macan owners register rocking up with our Caymans. I can't wait. Biggleswade is a little far for me (although brilliant for running in from Kent).

St Albans or Dorking works for me too if we keep it amongst ourselves
gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

I am up for gate crashing in November if it fits with the diary. Any excuse to give the car a run once I have it

Mike, how is the car after the first 5 days
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
Previous : Macan 2.0
Mike and his Macan

To be honest I haven’t really had much of a chance to drive it much less than 100 miles so far! Although had other ) demo caymans for a few weeks before. I certainly enjoy it more than the Macan, it feels like a event every time I get in and drive. It begs to be driven and doesn’t like slow! So far then great apart the the passenger seat belt buckle knocking against the pillar, however the exhaust drowns that out😊.. and there is a fix , times starting to tick a bit more loudly for you and nosmo!! Bose could be better in the Macan I thought it was my fantastic.. in the cayman less so, but have found a good setting I’m happy with.. the ride is firm but with all Porsche’s the damping is great and so far have not experienced any crashing over potholes or bumps. Paintwork on pick up was a bit poor, nothing serious but needs a light polish, I’m going to try if not the dealer is happy to do it with a accredited detailer . I think the November meet is on the last weekend of the month. So that might work .
happy days

Post by happy days »

Semerka wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:18 pm We too have a 718 Cayman GTS in GT Silver with manual box.
That's Red5 and Semerka, we are in Surrey, Dorking area.

I am sure there are more on here, Happy Days in Ireland springs to my mind.
Yes, I'm a member of the 718S club - manual, naturally.
Macan S D
718 S