PASM and 21

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
Guy

Post by Guy »

Ponbon wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:06 pm I'm sorry to hijack the thread, please excuse my stupid question. But how can you tell if the car as PASM or not?

I know for sure mine has air suspension. But PASM I don't know.
It would have this button:

2017_Macan_pg219.jpg

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Guy wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:16 pm
Ponbon wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:06 pm I'm sorry to hijack the thread, please excuse my stupid question. But how can you tell if the car as PASM or not?

2017_Macan_pg219.jpg
But IIRC, if it has Air it will have PASM.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Teids86

Post by Teids86 »

Thank you all for the well detailed replies.!!!

Given that I have ordered the new 2.0t, I don t think that It will give me the ability to adopt a sporty driving style justifying pasm

Air suspension looks interesting but a pretty expensive option... I reside in Switzerland and roads are pretty good around here. I will be able to try the new Macan as of next week and I have until beginning of jan to make any modifications.

Once again thank you !
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Teids86 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:05 pm Thank you all for the well detailed replies.!!!

Given that I have ordered the new 2.0t, I don t think that It will give me the ability to adopt a sporty driving style justifying pasm

Air suspension looks interesting but a pretty expensive option... I reside in Switzerland and roads are pretty good around here. I will be able to try the new Macan as of next week and I have until beginning of jan to make any modifications.

Once again thank you !
You will be surprized, for a 2 litre the Macan is pretty nimble but where it scores is that its handling will be as good as the S and Turbo variants and not far gehing a Turbo PP and a GTS. That said its only the case if PASM and large wheels are specified. Standard wheels and no PASM will compromise handling.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Ponbon

Post by Ponbon »

2017_Macan_pg219.jpg
Great! Now I know I got it :D But I don't have that cool analog clock though :lol:
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Ponbon wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:51 am

2017_Macan_pg219.jpg
Great! Now I know I got it :D But I don't have that cool analog clock though :lol:
That would be another option. :lol:
You get the stopwatch on the dashboard with Sports Chrono package, which gives you a Sport Plus button (in addition to the standard Sport button) for even more buttock clinching launch control and acceleration / throttle response. You can record your lap times. ;)

Capture 1.JPG

But it could also be just a compass / analogue clock (also an optional extra):

Capture 2.JPG

Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Semerka wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:03 am
Ponbon wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:51 am

2017_Macan_pg219.jpg
That would be another option. :lol:
You get the stopwatch on the dashboard with Sports Chrono package, which gives you a Sport Plus button (in addition to the standard Sport button) for even more buttock clinching launch control and acceleration / throttle response. You can record your lap times. ;)

Capture 1.JPG

But it could also be just a compass / analogue clock (also an optional extra):

Capture 2.JPG
Launch control is a fantastic feature. Especially helpful when getting frustrated in the Sainsbury's carpark...WAIT, I'VE SAID TOO MUCH!!
nozydog

Post by nozydog »

Teids86 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:05 pmGiven that I have ordered the new 2.0t, I don t think that It will give me the ability to adopt a sporty driving style justifying pasm

Not sure why you think this.... 245hp isn't a low powered car, just not quite as quick as the V6 Macan S. And 'sporty' driving is more about agility than outright power! In fact, having the lighter lump up front should actually make for sharper turn in and less 'dive' on braking!! I've been told the 2.0L engine is around 50kg lighter! Try picking up a box weighing that much... I very much doubt you'd be able to!!

I am tossing up between the 2.0L and the V6 S and apart from the sound, I'm thinking the lighter engined car may be more fun to drive!
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

I have 21" wheels and PASM. When the mood takes me, I hit the button and the car stiffens up enough to make cornering fun for a SUV. I reckon air suspension is only required for any off roading as if you would!
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

nozydog wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:40 pm
Teids86 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:05 pmGiven that I have ordered the new 2.0t, I don t think that It will give me the ability to adopt a sporty driving style justifying pasm

Not sure why you think this.... 245hp isn't a low powered car, just not quite as quick as the V6 Macan S. And 'sporty' driving is more about agility than outright power! In fact, having the lighter lump up front should actually make for sharper turn in and less 'dive' on braking!! I've been told the 2.0L engine is around 50kg lighter! Try picking up a box weighing that much... I very much doubt you'd be able to!!

I am tossing up between the 2.0L and the V6 S and apart from the sound, I'm thinking the lighter engined car may be more fun to drive!
I can see where you're possibly going with this, but it doesn't take 100hp to shift 50kg! The performance differential of the two, including on the track, is stark.