Stop/Start & Hold Function

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

There does not seem to be a lot of love on here for Stop/Start.
I find it useful and sometimes annoying.
Does anyone else use the subtleties of the system?
1. Bring the vehicle to a Stop with soft brake, engine keeps running.
2. A slightly firmer action and the engine cuts to restart on releasing brake pressure.
3. A firm secondary action to fully engage Stop/Start and vehicle Hold, accelerator pressure required to start engine.
I havent read the Manual to see if these are recommended actions or just holes in the system.
Generally I find it all very useful.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)

Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

Working as designed.

Strange really. Plenty of innovative applications of tech but not well explained by Porsche. There seems to be a given that learning will take place on-the-job.
GTS \o/ - sold :(
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

A bit like an Apple iPhone.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Tom 2000 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:53 pm There does not seem to be a lot of love on here for Stop/Start.
2. A slightly firmer action and the engine cuts to restart on releasing brake pressure.
3. A firm secondary action to fully engage Stop/Start and vehicle Hold, accelerator pressure required to start engine.
I havent read the Manual to see if these are recommended actions or just holes in the system.
And a slight steering input will also start the system again. Handy if you are at a roundabout and want to keep it running...
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Tom 2000 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:53 pm There does not seem to be a lot of love on here for Stop/Start.
Yea, that's how I use it.
It's only people who treat the brake pedal as an on-off switch (or generally leaden footed) that complain about it "cutting out all the time."
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Tall Phil wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:04 pm Working as designed.

Strange really. Plenty of innovative applications of tech but not well explained by Porsche. There seems to be a given that learning will take place on-the-job.
Did it really need explaining though? I figured it out on my first Macan test drive.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

A further variation occurs if you stop on a gradient. You get a combination of 2 and 3 in that Hold engages without the secondary push. This caught me out on a hill in Totnes. When you press the accelerator, Hold cuts out and the car rolls back a couple of inches in the time it takes for the engine (diesel in my case) to start and take up drive. These days, if I come to a stand on a steep gradient I either override Stop/Start or engage the parking brake.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
andreas

Post by andreas »

I find that Hold doesn't always work.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Guy

Post by Guy »

andreas wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:35 pm I find that Hold doesn't always work.
It's a 'quick' press on the brake (rather than a 'firm' press) that works for me (and I thought it was that way by design).
ricardoespana

Post by ricardoespana »

Does it stay off permanently if i turn it off and update comfort memory?