Horrendously excessive internal condensation

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

There is already a technical service note on this issue (blocked drains) so it shouldn't be a surprise:

Body exterior - Drain bush on rear panoramic roof blocked: Cleaning drain bush (SY 102/17)

Customer complains that luggage compartment trim panel is wet or rear parking assistant does not function. Water remains in panoramic roof frame and does not drain away.

Borescope - mine is this one, which is OK for infrequent use.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8

r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

CharlesElliott wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:55 pm There is already a technical service note on this issue (blocked drains) so it shouldn't be a surprise:

Body exterior - Drain bush on rear panoramic roof blocked: Cleaning drain bush (SY 102/17)

Customer complains that luggage compartment trim panel is wet or rear parking assistant does not function. Water remains in panoramic roof frame and does not drain away.

Its a suprise to me :lol:

Thanks for the link, much appreciated
Macan GTS collected 01/092022 - PN4IVH48

Previous - 2015 Macan SD
Previous - 991.1 TTS met an untimely and sad end.
Previous - 2008 997 Turbo traded for TurboS
Previous - 2003 986 BoxsterS Sold due to needing a 3rd seat :D
VanB

Post by VanB »

I knew there were reasons I've never liked sunroofs and this is one (of many) of them!

That said good luck in getting it sorted, preferably under warranty.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

I like sunroofs, it’s the glass in the roof that does it for me. And the fact you can open the glass to get fresh air. I like convertibles too - better exposure to fresh air than sunroofs but generally don’t have the glass bit.
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

r1flyguy wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:14 pm
CharlesElliott wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:55 pm There is already a technical service note on this issue (blocked drains) so it shouldn't be a surprise:

Its a suprise to me :lol:

Thanks for the link, much appreciated
Surprise to the dealer I meant!
r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

CharlesElliott wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:33 pm I like sunroofs, it’s the glass in the roof that does it for me. And the fact you can open the glass to get fresh air. I like convertibles too - better exposure to fresh air than sunroofs but generally don’t have the glass bit.

I like mine too, though i have admitted in a post on here to not knowing it opened until a year + into ownership :lol: :oops: yep, a definitive RTFM moment! Like i said its only been open a couple of times last year mainly due to it nit being driven die to work commitments.

Im not a fan ofthe 911 cabriolet mind, ruins the rear seats and just diesnt look right.

Previous - 2015 Macan SD
Ponbon

Post by Ponbon »

I'm also suffering from this issue. My solution has been to very careful dry the car after washing it. Especially the door panels. That seems to help. And then after that, I turn the A/C on maximum heath on my ride home for about 10-15min to really dry the inside out. Before this procedure I would get excessive condensation as soon as I entered the garage, the windows would fog so I couldn't see anything. But this procedure has made it better.

HOWEVER, I will still have huge problem with EXTERNAL condensation. After washing the car and drying it, when entering my garage the whole car immediately starts to soak and almost pouring water. What the hell is that for?

So I thought if I left the car outside for an whole night to dry out(it's really cold here now) I get the same thing when entering the garage, the whole car get wet. It's really irritating because I can never keep my car really clean and it takes away from the pleasure of owning such as beautiful car. :evil:
Col M

Post by Col M »

Had similar...tumble dryer was in the garage and the vent had disconnected!
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

Dropped the Macan off at OPC Solihul today to get this seen too.

They had it listed for a warranty recall :shock: and investigate the leak before the carpets are ruined.

In the 2 years & 3 months of ownership, it’s had a brand new set of front tyres at 15k due to serious uneven wear albeit the GEO showed no issues!!! A new pdk gearbox, new steering unit (power steering failed) and a camera of some sort associated with the ACC.
The warranty is due for renewal in May, looks like I’ll have no choice but to renew given the continual issue :roll:

The trouble is everytime i drive it, i just love the Macan!!!!!

I’ll update the thread when i know more.

Previous - 2015 Macan SD
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

r1flyguy wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:33 pm Dropped the Macan off at OPC Solihul today to get this seen too.

They had it listed for a warranty recall :shock: and investigate the leak before the carpets are ruined.

In the 2 years & 3 months of ownership, it’s had a brand new set of front tyres at 15k due to serious uneven wear albeit the GEO showed no issues!!! A new pdk gearbox, new steering unit (power steering failed) and a camera of some sort associated with the ACC.
The warranty is due for renewal in May, looks like I’ll have no choice but to renew given the continual issue :roll:

The trouble is everytime i drive it, i just love the Macan!!!!!

I’ll update the thread when i know more.
Blimey, if you didn’t have bad luck you would have no luck at all. You must have been on good terms with the Enterprise car hire staff.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.