Considering Selling......... Macan S Diesel

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
TD444

Post by TD444 »

Hi all,

It may be time to sell the pride an joy - Macan S Diesel - its April 2016 and has a huge spec ~£14k worth of options added.
It has 21.5k miles in that time and has had a new set of Michelin latitudes fitted just a few k miles ago.
It was also PPF down both sides and a few other specific areas that were prone & ceramic coated.
As I am a touch OCD, car is in immaculate condition inside & out.

Not sure if I am doing the right thing as I still love the Macan although feel I don't use it enough, with 2nd baby on the way, may look to get something bigger (Discovery??) and share with the wife (I know!) but I seem to drive her car (Freelander) more than the Macan, I also have one other daily and 2 classic cars so its a juggle....

Not sure what price range I should be looking at - Porsche site has 2016 diesel models ranging from £38k to £48k.....
Am sure the low end is low spec with higher mileage than what I have.

My spec is below - any thoughts on price I should be looking at, places worth advertising or interested parties??

Cheers
T

• Jet Black Metallic Paint
• Light comfort pack
• Smoker Pack
• 14 Way comfort seats
• Leather seats
• PDLS – LED Headlights
• Reversing Camera with Park Assist
• Panoramic Roof
• Privacy Glass
• Electric Tow Bar
• Aluminium Roof Rails
• Side blades in body colour (Black)
• Power Steering Plus
• 75 litre fuel tank
• 21” 911 Turbo Alloys
• 18” collapsible spare tyre
• Wheel centres with full colour
• Auto dimming interior & exterior
• Heated Front seats
• Illuminated brushed aluminium sills
• PASM
• PCM Nav Module
• Connect Plus with Apple Car Play
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHN2UAS9
Order Date 16 Nov - Expected delivery ~April / May 2016
Collected Tue 3rd May

Macananon

Post by Macananon »

Autotrader has a valuation app. Try that. I have found it to be very helpful in the past.
VanB

Post by VanB »

+1 for Autotrader - I believe they get their valuations from Glass's guide but WRT Porsches I don't think they are very accurate. Both of my previous Porsches I've sold for not insignificant money more than the guide. That being said it is still a useful guide.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Assume you have tried Porsche Belfast for a price Terry and imagine it wasn't too exciting?

Selling a car of that value isn't that easy unless you get someone who really knows they are getting a top notch car. I tend to sell my cars through a good independent used car dealer on a sale for commission basis. Always gets me more than I would by trading in and is hassle free. Have sold a few privately as well but generally not high value.
TD444

Post by TD444 »

I don't think Auto trader or the likes take into account the spec - the price they offer is based on the base model and those being advertised vary a lot especially those with a higher spec....

Didn't even bother asking Belfast - I talked to them maybe 9 months ago and was offered a really poor amount so not high on the list to try again.

I'm very undecided, if an offer isn't very strong I will likely keep it and force myself to use it more and add in 2 years more WNTY to keep me safe....
Just wondering what its like currently if an offer would come to know what value - as I noted, top end Porsche used 2016 diesel model is £48k with similar spec. I doubt I will get that but with WNTY remaining and a good spec it may interest someone willing to spend rather than a Macan 2.

Who knows - I may try Tootle if no one has any bad experience with it....
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHN2UAS9
Order Date 16 Nov - Expected delivery ~April / May 2016
Collected Tue 3rd May
johnd

Post by johnd »

I'll be facing the same situation in 2-3 months with a reasonably well spec'd 2016 SD @ 25K miles. My plan is to use Autotrader as a starting point and:

1. Check the AT valuation for a base price (actually it's around £37K private);
2. Try to guestimate the likely used/added value of interesting options like pan roof, Connect Plus, Sport Plus vs comparable OPC prices to get an asking price- hopefully significantly undercutting the OPCs while not underselling the car too much.
3. Hope that a prestige independent might be interested - I'm not expecting a genuinely private sale.
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly
VanB

Post by VanB »

You can always put on Autotrader at a number close to what works for you and indies will call. Alternatively get a list of all the indie dealers in a 100 mile radius and talk to them all. A lot of sharks and shysters but you will find some genuine ones keen to do business

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Most official Porsche dealers will offer you £7000 below what they would retail the car for. Try independents or advertise on Pistonheads
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

TD444 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:30 pm I don't think Auto trader or the likes take into account the spec - the price they offer is based on the base model and those being advertised vary a lot especially those with a higher spec....

Didn't even bother asking Belfast - I talked to them maybe 9 months ago and was offered a really poor amount so not high on the list to try again.

I'm very undecided, if an offer isn't very strong I will likely keep it and force myself to use it more and add in 2 years more WNTY to keep me safe....
Just wondering what its like currently if an offer would come to know what value - as I noted, top end Porsche used 2016 diesel model is £48k with similar spec. I doubt I will get that but with WNTY remaining and a good spec it may interest someone willing to spend rather than a Macan 2.

Who knows - I may try Tootle if no one has any bad experience with it....
Having sold 2 Macans, my strategy on both occasions has been to see what the dealer is selling them for, take a little money off and place your ad. You need to advertise for an amount which is in excess of your minimum required amount (giving you some negotiating power). Describe the car in detail and take great pictures.

I am trying to find a post I dis post the second Macan sale. You definately need to have patience. 5 - 6 weeks minimum before you get Joe Blo calling. In first instance only dealers and chancers.

LEt me see if I can find my own post
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18