I expected better - any similar poor experiences with Porsche?

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Suggest you call Porsche customer services and express your dissatisfaction.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:32 pm Suggest you call Porsche customer services and express your dissatisfaction.
...maybe after having gone to the top in the OPC, by talking to the DP...
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
happy days

Post by happy days »

Is it the facelift model? If it is, then I would suspect that parts are actually hard to come by. Our SD needed a warranty oil cooler radiator replacement and it was about two months arriving in stock. I wouldn't worry unduly at this stage, but as others have said, voice your concerns to the DP in writing.
Macan S D
718 S
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

I had very similar issues to you as my car was a brand new model. Had issues sourcing a battery. Issues sourcing a fuel injector, etc. All of this kept the car off the road. It only got a little bit uncomfortable for me when they started to fob me off (very long story) and I got the dealer principle involved. I got a 911 loaner that I had repeatedly asked for (and was denied) and he bridged the communication gap. I eventually traded the car back after my car was back and forth to the dealer and was able to “swap” it for a brand new 911. All of this wouldn’t have been possible without the dealer principle getting involved.

Handing it back is a little premature if you ask me. Although, keep an eye on the time frame. You have 6 months under consumer law to reject. I suspect your dealer will do all he can to dissuade you from doing this. Maybe incentives, or the like. You may burn your bridges with this particular OPC if you insist on handing it back. It will be a headache for them.

Talk to your dealer principle via email as this will create a trail and possibly do the same with Porsche GB.

Good luck and keep us all informed.
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):
VanB

Post by VanB »

I doubt this is representative of most people's experiences but, as Smithy says, keep an eye on the timeline as, if no satisfactory solution, you can still reject the car. I'm not sure, and others will know this, but I think you have to give the dealer 3 opportunities to correct the fault before you can reject the car.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Sage advice above.

If you intend to reject do be aware that there is a legal fixed timescale in which you can do this.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

In my experience (complaining) you are wasting your time with Customer.Assistance@Porsche.co.uk try contact@porsche.de. And, if anyone has got Oliver Blume's email address please let me have it.
ec1jones

Post by ec1jones »

Update ... I did most of above (thanks for all your advice) - dealer, head office etc. But also consulted a lawyer.

After 4 weeks off road, it turns out Porsche could not fix my car as the parts do not yet exist and they have no timeframe for when they will be added to their inventory, manufactured and available. Required a ‘minor component’ to fix but it’s failure was considered ‘major’ issue. So it was just an unroadworthy car with no time table for how long it would be off road.

Given it was only two days old when it packed up, I was advised to formally reject as faulty, which I did, at which point Porsche Mayfair/Porsche given me a brand new car - slightly higher spec so as to avoid waiting to June for manufacture - which is good, as a goodwill gesture. Will be delivered to me next week I’m told.

So the six week saga has an end in sight, I’m happy with the outcome, and all’s well that ends well (hopefully)! Hopefully can just get on now and enjoy my new car ...
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Sorted. An annoying wait but that's life. Happy motoring.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Sound result, they came through you had a free ride for a few weeks and hopefully your better specced replacement is registered as a 2019 vehicle that's a double upgrade. I would be certainly be very happy with that outcome 👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6