Wow, what an invite ....... i think !!!!!

The place to discuss everything else..
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

It must be special.

The event itself must be special.

Therefore I must be special.

It is after all a Platinum Event that is going to be held over 4 days and I need a personal access code to be part of it.

I have to Visit a Website and enter my personal access code.

OK so my tongue is embedded firmly in my cheek

Problem, firstly the website comes up as unobtainable for the last two days, then today when it does work it asked me to register only to have the message Rhino Employees only.

So what is this mysterious 4 day Platinum Event?

Something organized by the Leeds OPC.

Which is sort of strange why I get an invite from them as I have never bought a car from them, I have only test driven a used Turbo there 30 months ago before I locked down the spec of my Turbo, at the time Turbo's were like hens teeth, zero demo models and very few second hand.

Ah well
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Paul

Post by Paul »

Is that Spearmint Rhinos Col....πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

I had an invite to a Porsche Boxster event today pop in to my email inbox

I got excited thinking it was going to be to the PEC but as I scanned down the email looking for the β€˜click to apply’ button, it transpires that it is just an invite to a test drive at the local OPC. My Cayman was In for a recall just before Xmas and was given a cayman GTS for the day unaccompanied so who needs an accompanied Boxster test drive

Maybe next time As Silverstone is only 40 mins away and the last invite I got was cancelled at the last minute last February due to snow disruption
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
Previous : Macan 2.0
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Spearmint Rhino πŸ˜‚
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Caster

Post by Caster »

It can't be too special Col 'cos I got an invite to it as well!

Basically fix up a chat with a Salesperson (anytime during 17-20 Jan) seemed to be the gist of it when I phoned up to check. Mind you, I got a "no comment" response when wanting further info such as "What'd be the extra/platinum discount off my next one?" etc.

Any further info much appreciated - if anyone has any!
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Paul wrote: ↑Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:45 pm Is that Spearmint Rhinos Col....πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰
😳🀐
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Caster wrote: ↑Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:19 pm It can't be too special Col 'cos I got an invite to it as well!

Basically fix up a chat with a Salesperson (anytime during 17-20 Jan) seemed to be the gist of it when I phoned up to check. Mind you, I got a "no comment" response when wanting further info such as "What'd be the extra/platinum discount off my next one?" etc.

Any further info much appreciated - if anyone has any!
Thought you would get an invite as well Dave,

Cannot see why they would think that when I have the Macan I do that I would consider an 2.0 or an S.

If the Platinum Event was day long loan of a different model each day, such as day 1 a 911, day 2 a Panamera, day 3 a Cayenne, day 4 a Cayman. :?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
SP6IGHT

Post by SP6IGHT »

I got an invite as well.

Personally, this kind of marketing turns me off. Special codes / you have been selected rubbish, Its insulting to think we would fall for such crap.

I'm at Leeds opc tomorrow. 1st service due.
Caster

Post by Caster »

SP6IGHT wrote: ↑Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:10 pm I got an invite as well.

Personally, this kind of marketing turns me off. Special codes / you have been selected rubbish, Its insulting to think we would fall for such crap.

I'm at Leeds opc tomorrow. 1st service due.
Don't let 'em try and charge you over Β£200 for a 4 wheel alignment adjustment! Should be able to get 'em down to under Β£100 if it needs it πŸ‘
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Sales call is a cover... secret handshake gets you into clandestine meeting in the basement [emoji38]
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4