Rear Light Bar

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
SP6IGHT

Post by SP6IGHT »

Yes Electric can fulfill my needs. Thats the one i'm waiting for.

The car is parked in my garage overnight. so easy to charge. Very rarely do i travel over 200 miles in one go.

cheekyMacan

Post by cheekyMacan »

Personally I’m loving the new rear lights. Only purchased a new 2019 model as the old style Macan’s rear lights looked very dated and the new main display screen was awesome.

Opinions are always going to vary so just buy the model that suits YOU.

Chris
http://www.porsche-code.com/PKSGFNH9
Loving my 2L Turbo Macan with Sports Chrono, 18-way Seats, Wonderful Display Screen, 20" Turbo Alloys, PASM, PS+, Sports Exhaust, Pano-Roof, LED Headlights. Ignore the haters, this is a SUPERB car :D :D :D
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

pmg wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:08 pm
SP6IGHT wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:24 pm
Personally, i'll be waiting for the all new one in 2022.
Some press reports say this is the last IC engined Macan and the next model is pure electric. I trust you are happy an electric vehicle can fulfil your needs?
Not so sure about that. Unlikely to go from pure ICE to pure electric in one step. Macan 2 will certainly be available as a hybrid though.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Wing Commander wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:36 pm
Some press reports say this is the last IC engined Macan and the next model is pure electric. I trust you are happy an electric vehicle can fulfil your needs?
Not so sure about that. Unlikely to go from pure ICE to pure electric in one step. Macan 2 will certainly be available as a hybrid though.
Quite. I can't imagine a pure BEV Macan in its current shape. It would need the I Pace treatment (cab forward, raised floor) or it would look a bit daft/ill thought out.

Electrified, certainly, but not 100% BEV.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
pmg

Post by pmg »

if the rumours new Macan based on Etron are true, I cannot see the hybrid option. A pure EV vehicle is so much easier to design if planned as such and introducing a hybrid option restricts the design freedom of pure EV. The EV Macan has to take on Ipace and Tesla Y. I recognise that does represent a market risk for Porsche

Personally, I do a lot of 300 (200 motorway/ dual),100 single carriageway) mile plus journeys in the UK with a time restraint of around 6 hours including a stop with the last part of the journey away from the likes of Tesla fast chargers. So no current or prospective EV works until the substantial spread of fast EV charging and hotel overnight EV charging facilities is achieved. hence my plan aNew Macan S ordered to last me until 2024/25 for such journeys
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

If one is to be part of the line up then it probably would have to be with limited electric range.

A full EV Macan would certainly need designing from the chassis up, which is a sort of surprise that Jag have got the drop on Porsche by a considerable distance by developing and releasing the iPace when the equivalent Macan is still years away by which time a design update to the iPace based on a few years in the road could put Jag even further ahead.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
goron59

Post by goron59 »

"If the rumours new Macan based on Etron are true" then it will be a completely different car with "Macan" written on it.
Possible - this sort of rebadging has been done before.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

goron59 wrote:"If the rumours new Macan based on Etron are true" then it will be a completely different car with "Macan" written on it.
This is the most likely scenario.

With the interests rates going up, auto makers globally are already cutting excess capacity, now is the time to leverage platforms within the group. Etron looks like a solid platform, I am convinced that Porsche can make a very exciting derivative and bring it to market sooner than developing one from the ground-up.

On the flip-side, we might be buying the last fossil fuel Macan... if you keep it long enough it will become a classic [emoji41]
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
pmg

Post by pmg »

Pivot wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:03 pm
goron59 wrote:"If the rumours new Macan based on Etron are true" then it will be a completely different car with "Macan" written on it.
This is the most likely scenario.

With the interests rates going up, auto makers globally are already cutting excess capacity, now is the time to leverage platforms within the group. Etron looks like a solid platform, I am convinced that Porsche can make a very exciting derivative and bring it to market sooner than developing one from the ground-up.

On the flip-side, we might be buying the last fossil fuel Macan... if you keep it long enough it will become a classic [emoji41]
agree with your comments.

In addition based on this Etron test drive, Porsche will have a fair bit of work to do to make it handle like the current car.

https://www.carbuyer.co.uk/reviews/audi ... suv/review
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
JBA

Post by JBA »

Still not convinced that it's the end of the road for ICE petrol. Electric is a good idea but economics, practicalities and overall feasibility not adding up versus further investment in ICE technology. Perhaps Tesla and Jag are going to be the fall guys on this. Porsche should beware if ditching and goung with the crowd given their comparable pedigree.
Macan GTS Mark 1 - bought new 2017 and sold 2024
Macan GTS Mark 3 - bought new 2024