Who buys gap insurance?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Ray G

Post by Ray G »

Guy wrote: ↑Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:35 am
Ray G wrote: ↑Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:31 am Does anyone ignore Gap Insurance but buy the Extended Warranty?
Yes, me :D
If the probability of poor Porsche build quality will lead to a warranty claim is greater than a write-off in an accident (which it is) then I can perhaps understand whyπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Current: Macan SD Volcano Grey
Previous: Cayenne SD then Cayenne S

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

nozydog wrote: ↑Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:40 am Yep... simply don't buy it from the dealer selling you the car! They usually try to 'hard sell' it when you collect your new car and at an extortionate price! I've usually been quoted around Β£300-400 which I won't pay, but I'm sure shopping around will get a far better price! I've never taken it on 7 new cars. One tends to drive very, very carefully in a brand new car for the first few months. Having said that if they'll cover the invoice value for 3 years that sounds pretty reasonable if the price is right, but remember it ONLY covers you if the car's completely written off... I've not written off a car yet in 35 years of driving!

It's money for old rope in my book as the chances of writing off a car are very small, and if I did I think I'd just be glad to get out alive!!
Don't forget someone may steal your new Porsche leading to a total loss claim or another driver could drive into you through no fault of your own. GAP pays out in more situations than just if an owner themselves crash the car.
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX »

Hi,
Just to let you know that we offer a product called Total Loss Protection. Whilst its not exactly the same as your traditional GAP insurance we feel for some customers it can make a cost effective alternative.
If anyone wishes to take a look then please feel free.
https://www.adrianflux.co.uk/extras/total-loss/
Regards,
Dan.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

In a nutshell Dan what are the differences. Must be very cheap if it offers savings over competitively priced GAP.
neilj007

Post by neilj007 »

I bought gap insurance...but then, I had the experience of having my car written off in an accident when a tractor pulled out in front of me. The Macan was a big investment for me, so it was a way of covering the risk.
We also have pet insurance - our yellow lab has done very well from it, some good titanium knee joints...
Macan
Taycan Turbo
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX »

MCDK wrote: ↑Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:54 am In a nutshell Dan what are the differences. Must be very cheap if it offers savings over competitively priced GAP.
Hi.
Our policies are a single 12 month arrangement and are based on the customers annual car insurance premium so the lower the car premium the lower out Total Loss Protection premium will be.
As I said it it can be cost effective to some customer and of course might not be suitable for every customer. It's just an option with offer as we don;t have a standard GAP product.
Regards,
Dan.