New Crayon Macan S

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
darkness17

Post by darkness17 »

Hi Everyone,

My Porsche journey started a little over a year ago when I first test drove a SD on the day that the factory stopped taking orders. After trying the GLC,Velar and also having a loaner F-Pace for a week the Macan blew me away

Popped back in to see the OPC in july last year and took out a cayenne for test drive but just wasn't the car for me. OPC gave me the opportunity to reserve a "Build Slot " on the refresh S

And so it began

Just been in to see the SE today and it's left the body shop. He's predicting it will be in the UK 14 days after it's finished production and he seems to think VAG group have a burn on to get as many cars into the UK as possible pre March 29th.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PKXHWFX3

Only problem was a slight spec error in the fact the seats should be 14 way rather than 8 which i missed and also the SE wasn't brilliant on communicating about the lock date and i'm also frequently out of the country which didn't help matters

Very excited to pick it up as it's my first Porsche

Has any had there Porsche detailed before delivery and also used a cermanic coating

VanB

Post by VanB »

Quite a few have had their cars detailed and ceramic coated fresh from the factory and well worth doing IMO. Normally a detailer will want the car before the OPC has "prepped" it for collection as the cleaning process at the OPC is far from ideal.

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Welcome to our friendly forum and congratulations on the Macan!

Looking forward to pics and first impressions from you. :)

I hope the OPC are going to offer some form of compensation for the error over the seats.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Congrats.

Further to the advice Van has given you I specifically told my SE not to do anything to the bodywork or internally as my detailer was local to me and not near the OPC.

So my Macan was a bit grubby on pick up and it stayed that way for a few days until my detailer could do it.

The advice here is generally to avoid any offer of detailing by the OPC themselves and to arrange ones own detailer. There are plenty of detailing posts if you search you will find them.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=5106&hilit=Washing+and+detailing

My Macan only took 14 days to get to the OPC whereas at the time an average delivery was about 21 days.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Rigger

Post by Rigger »

Congrats! Lovely looking car with a tremendous extras list! Am surprised the SE didn’t query the standard seats option given the focus on all the other high end options.
2017 - Macan GTS ~ now sold
2007 - 997.1 Turbo (Manual)
2021 - GR Yaris
darkness17

Post by darkness17 »

Thanks for the replies guys. Just spoke to the SE and the car is currently in Emden awaiting transport

I’ve spoken to a detailer in Cardiff who’s local to me I think i’ll get him to prep the car before the dealer touches it as you guys recommended

Strange one with the seats when I quiered it with them they said it wasn’t on the list of options that they think are essential.

Very excited to get it as it’s my first Porsche
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Nice one Darkness ,you nailed that spec really well, wouldn’t change too much for my perfect variant and don’t be to concerned at 14 way v 8 way, the-seat is the same and as long as you can get the adjustment you are comfortable with, job done. Enjoy the ride👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
darkness17

Post by darkness17 »

Quick update, My S arrived at Sheerness over the weekend and is currently awaiting transportation. OPC thinks maybe should arrive with them on friday
PD1976

Post by PD1976 »

I'm due to pick my 3.0 petrol S on Saturday from East London Porsche. To say I am excited is a understatement. My first porker as well.